Ophelia

Key Five: Ophelia:

She lay on her back, panting. Her skin looked so pale.

"I can't reach him anymore," she wailed. Her eyes darted over towards the edge of the cage.

You have to keep trying.

"But how?" She rolled over onto her stomach. Leda floated in front her outside of the cage. The French angel glanced over at her. Leda appeared to have mist raining on her body. Ophelia could see through her. She lifted her head, looking confused.

"You can project yourself now?" she asked. Leda shook her head.

"It doesn't hold well," she said. The angel looked down at her body as it started to glitch out. Ophelia pushed herself up.

"I can't do it," she said. "He's too far gone." His vacant eyes still chilled her.

"We need to get him back. You don't have much time to escape," Leda said. The other angel blinked.

"Why are you so interested in our escape?" she asked. "I thought you weren't so interested." Leda leaned as close to her face as possible.

"Things have changed," she said. The French angel gave her a strange look.

"What do you mean?" she asked. Leda started to glitch out again. She only managed to say one thing.

"Look at the living world."

"Huh?" Ophelia sat up. "What do you mean by that?" Leda was gone. The French angel looked around.

"Where did you go?" she asked. Suddenly, her body went stiff. Her eyes grew wide. Images swirled around in her head. She could see the true terror now.

Red smoke clouded the land. Her eyes began to sting. Ophelia covered her nose and mouth.

What... What is it?

Then came the screaming. Oh god the screaming! That wasn't the only thing though. Where was that siren coming from? Ophelia turned her head. The smoke was thick but she managed to see through it. Hoards of shadows were walking down a cracked rocky path. She couldn't see any of their faces. Her stomach dropped as she figured out where they were going.

"No! Get away from there! This is not where you should go!"

They can't hear her. Their wailings and the fire drowns them out. She can't reach them either. More and more keep coming. Ophelia tried but couldn't get closer to them. Her fingertips couldn't even touch the tops of their heads. She was just stuck lingering in the sky.

But she wasn't alone for long.

When Ophelia turned her head, a wash of fear came over her. Her stomach turned as face grew paler.

Oh no... No...

That cold smile was enough to yank her back into reality.

The French angel yanked open her eyes, gasping. Her eyes darted around the cage. The bars did little to comfort her. She started to catch her breath.

"What was that?" she asked.

That is what is about to unfold in the living world.

Ophelia looked up at the ceiling. "What?"

The End of Days are coming. You are running out of time. Heaven shut its gates soon. This why we have to get Allen back.

Ophelia had a confused look on her face. "But about the city here? What's going to happen to it? Why are they coming here?"