Chapter 65

Chapter 65: Speaking to the son

“Spy?”

Just as I expected.

“Yes! I can be your spy! I will tell you what Suyang and Shen Shaoqian are up to. I’m actually a lot more useful than you may think!”

“But why do you want to help us? Suyang brother is supposed to be your boss.”

“Long story short, I can’t stand Mi Fan. Also, I like meddling in other people’s affairs, ok?”

With my graceful words, I managed to convince Shen Shaonu. After a moment, she nodded.

“I can take you to see Zhengyang. But I don't know whether he'll be willing to talk to you.”

Kids are sure troublesome… Clearly I'm helping them. Rather than thanking me graciously, it's like I had to beg to take part. Ugh… forget it. I don’t want Suyang to continue seeing Mi Fan again and again. I’m also doing this for myself. So, I really have to get to the bottom of this case as soon as possible.

Shen Shaonu said Lu Zhengyang worked at a BBQ meat store everyday after school.

Thinking about it, Lu Zhengyang was a pitiful child. His father was beaten up to death in his jail cell. He was filled with so much hatred at such a young age. He also had no one else to rely on…

Actually, Shen Shaonu could be considered his reliance, right? After all, she lent him 50k.

“Why did you come here?” Lu Zhengyang looked at Shen Shaonu and briefly glanced at me without saying anything. It appeared he had forgotten about me. What the heck? Was my existence level so low? 

“Do you still remember me? Last time, I was also present when you went crazy at the coffee shop.” Even if my chances were one in ten thousand, I still wanted to know.

Hearing my words, Lu Zhengyang nervously looked around his surroundings. He was afraid other people had heard what I said. After all, he knew what he did wasn’t anything he should be proud of.

A few moments later, he replied, “Who are you?”

“Ah...you really don’t remember me! I heard about your situation and I want to help you. When are you off work? I’ll wait until you’re done. Then, we can talk in greater details.” I sat down on a customer’s seat.

“Umm.. I have to go for tutoring, so I won’t be staying. Today, I only came to bring her here.” Shen Shaonu stated and then hugged her backpack as she hastily left.

“What do you know that made you want to help me?”

“I don’t actually know anything, but because the person I trust wants to help you, so I have decided I want to help you as well.”

“The person you trust? Is it Shaonu?”

“I guess… although I haven’t known her for long, I can tell she is a good child.”

“Did Shaonu ask you to help me?”

“No.”