Chapter 99

Chapter 99: Heading to the television station again

“Lame...” I mumbled. All of a sudden, I turned around and attacked Suyang. I quickly ran towards him and then grabbed his face, stood on tiptoes, and planted a huge smooch on his lips.

His lips had a mung bean taste to it.

Suyang was bewildered. His eyes were wide open like an innocent maiden. He looked dumbfounded.

“What? You think you’re the only one who could make moves? And I can’t?!” I hugged Suyang with a proud smile on my face.

As I embraced him, I suddenly remembered how I felt when I was a ghost. I was so horrified when I had discovered I couldn’t hold onto him. Hugging him like this really gave me a real sense of security.

Most likely, Wen Yufan appeared because he was experiencing the same emotions that I was.

Or perhaps, he wanted me to help him take care of Gao Jialan? But even if Wen Yufan had never appeared, I wouldn’t have been untouched after hearing her story…

-----

It was September. Global warming was already nothing new, but it was as if the weather wasn’t satisfied and wanted to roast us before Fall. Nowadays, the temperature reached as high as 40 degrees Celsius.

The moment you stepped out of a building, it was like entering an oven. Even if you stood underneath a tree, it made no difference.

These days, Suyang was addicted to eating ice-cream. He could literally eat ten a day. At this rate, ice-cream could be his main dish.

“Stop staring at me with your pervy eyes!” Suyang commanded as he licked his ice-cream.

“Boss…. Suyang… Xiao Su Su…..” I stretched out my voice and tried to sound as feminine and sweet as possible. Then, I gradually leaned towards Suyang with starry eyes. “What type of flavour do you enjoy eating? I see that you often choose green. Is it the apple flavour or the honeydew melon?”

“I’m giving you an opportunity. Speak properly.” Suyang didn’t even bother looking at me. His eyes were glued to the TV screen the entire time.

“Boss… I can see that we’re almost out of ice-cream in the freezer. Tell me which flavour you like, and I will instantly buy some for you!”

“What’s with you today?” Suyang shifted his butt away from me. He purposely wanted to keep a distance between us.

I followed him and pressed forward. “Tell me which flavour!”

Suyang shoved the one he was eating towards me. He almost got it in my face. “Mung bean! I like the mung bean flavour! Okay?!”

“Mung bean, right?! Your wish is my command! I will return very shortly!” I rushed to get ready. On the way, I nearly crashed into Gao Jialan. “Sis, I am going out for a bit. I will be back soon. Oh yeah, later, Suyang and I will not be eating at home. Just order takeout for yourself! Do it now?!”

“What do you mean? I’m not going out today…” I didn’t let Suyang finish as I sped out the door at the quickest speed of my life. I stormed into the nearest supermarket and bought all the mung bean flavoured ice-cream on the shelves. Then, I dashed back home.