Chapter 11:

*A/N: If you listen to the song, The Scientist by Coldplay at the end of the flashback, then it helps with visualization. Then when she wakes up from fainting, switch it to It's Hard To Say Goodbye a piano composition by Michael Ortega I OWN NEITHER OF THESE!*

*Elizabeth's P.O.V*

I had been sitting in the same damn chair for at least ten hours, and still no word on my father's condition. He was the most respected man in the whole town, and now he was in the hospital after suffering from a major heart attack. I had just gotten home from being with Liam, and right as I put my phone on the charger and crawled into bed, the heart attack struck. I had already text Alyssa about what happened at six A.M, and now it was nine, and they would be here in five minutes. This gave me time to really reflect on everything that has happened over the course of last night.

About twelve hours ago, I had met someone who changed my life from the moment I laid eyes on them, then six hours later, I told him I loved him after one of my best friends confessed to loving me. Louis and I have known each other since we were just little kids. Actually, I still remembered how we met. It was around this time of year, and once again, Jenna and Brittany were beating up on me. I was six, and and eight old Brittany pushed me down onto the payment hard. She and Jenna were laughing, until Louis came over...

*FLASHBACK*

"Hey, Jenna, mommy was right, ugly girls don't bounce." Brittany laughed, Jenna laughed along with her as Brittany kicked me while I was on the ground. Tears began to form as the pain my chest grew stronger. I was only six, so it's not like I could ever fight back. They would only hit me harder.

"Hey! Get away from her!" An unfamiliar voice called out. Jenna and Brittany both turned to face what looked like a boy my age or a year older.

"What are you going to do is we don't?" Asked Jenna. The boy laughed and took out a water gun. He immediately started spritzing the girls who screams and ran off. The boy chased after them all the way to the corner of the street.

"And don't come back!" He yelled with a small laugh at the end. I was using a tall oak tree near by to help myself up, but the pain was too much. That's when I felt hands grab mine and pull me up from the ground, but I almost fell into the body connected to them.

"Whoa there, might want to watch where you fall." Said the boy. I could feel my cheeks get rosy as I stared at him. The boy was a bit taller than me, and had his brown hair swooped to the side. His icy blue eyes were somehow warm and inviting, but still, I remained silent. "I'm Louis, but you can call me Lou. What's your name?" He asked with a smile, holding his hand out. I stared at him for a while, then shook it.

]"M-my name i-is Lizabeth." I whispered. "Lizabeth C-Callaway."

"You mean Elizabeth?" Louis giggled. I buried my face in my hands in embarrassment. I was so dumb and nervous I couldn't even say my own name right! Tears once again started streaming down my face. "No, no, no! Don't cry! Please don't cry! I didn't mean to make you sad!" He cried. "I'm so sorry!"

"Y-you weren't making fun of me?" I asked, wiping the tears away.

"Of course not!" He said with a smile. "C'mon, let's go to my house, clean you up, and have a snack." He cheered.

"D-does this mean we're...friends?" I asked, and his smile only grew bigger.

"Sure! Best friends!" He laughed. I giggled a bit and followed Lou, my new best friend.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Liz!" I heard Alyssa's voice cry, snapping me out of the past. She was running over to me as I stood up, and she nearly trampled me over when I gained my balance. All she did was hold me tight. I held onto her, then noticed Zayn was right behind her. He flashed me a sympathetic smile and hugged me once Alyssa was done. When he pulled away, I saw Lou standing propped up against the wall. I knew he was pissed at me, because I knew the look he got when he was pissed. What was he thinking? How angry was he, and how long would it last? I wanted to walk over there and tell him i was sorry. Staring at him made one specific song blast through my head, and that song was The Scientist by Coldplay. As I was walking toward him, the lyrics started.