*Fairytale & pain*

After my shower, I blow dry my hair and change into the long t-shirt and cotton shorts I had placed on my bed.

"Hey, is it okay if I wear this?" Henry asks as he enters the room wearing the white bathrobe he'd found in the second bathroom. He's comically sniffing his wrist. "Peach-mango shower gel  smells good on me", he adds making me chuckle.

"Sure", I say thinking that if I'd said no he wouldn't really have an alternative other than parading around in his boxers since his clothes were still soaked. "I'm sorry I don't have anything else to offer."

"Nothing your ex might have left behind?" he asks, leaning against the door frame.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I teasingly smile at him.

"Actually, I wouldn't...or would I? Because, and I'm aware that I'm exposing myself a little bit right now, when I googled to find out-"

I tilt my head slightly to the side and smile at him. "You did what?" I ask with a smirk.

"Just wanted to know who I am up against", he shrugs before failing to hide his smile.

"Okay...umm...Alexander after he just left his band. Took me on a few dates before I realized why he was so insistent about meeting my family. When I looked him in the eyes and told him that there was no way that my grandfather would write a song for him...he ghosted me. We were both fifteen. But I guess that doesn't really count, does it?" I ask. 

He waits for me to continue but I don't. Because there isn't anything else left to say. Surprise still appears on his face, despite the fact that he is trying to hide it.

"Can...sorry would it be rude of me to ask?" 

"No, Henry. It wouldn't", I assure him with a fair amount of fake confidence as I scoot back on the bed and lean my back against the headboard. 

He sits on the edge of the bed and turns around so he could face me. "Why me?" he asks, taking me by surprise. I guess I expected him to ask me why I never had a boyfriend before.

"Wh-why you?" I repeat.

Henry nods and I slide my hand over the mattress until it touched his. I look down, smiling at the way his fingertips slowly moved over my knuckles. 

"Because I never met someone who would fight sea shells for me", I say with a soft smile and he smiles back, "...and because it never made sense before...not like this", I add and look him in the eyes. "Because you make me feel like...", I smile and look back down at your hands watching our fingers intertwine. "It's like I don't have to explain myself when I'm with you. Everything seems..."

"....better when I'm with you", he continues and tilts my chin up so I would look at him. The warmth of his smile seems to radiate, reaching inside me as our eyes lock. He cups the side of my face and leans in so he could kiss me. 

I loosely wrap my arms around his neck and smile against his lips. "Do you have to wake up early tomorrow?"

Henry shakes his head. "They're coming over at 3pm."

"So casual about your 73 questions with Vogue interview", I smirk.

He rubs the tip of his nose against mine. "I am going to brag so hard when they ask me what show I am going to", he mumbles against my lips. His hand slides between the headboard and my back, pulling me on his lap.

I nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck and smile.

"Is there anything you would like to like...ask?"