Chapter 2- The Light of the Fire Burned Bright

When they got back to backstage room, where the machine was, Ratty was still keeping a look out. 

"Well, let's screw around with this thing," Freddie suggested. 

Brian simply pressed a button on the machine and a vibrant blue light shined all all four of the boys forming a silhouetto of the men. 

"What the hell is going on?! (cue Unskinny Bop) " Roger asked before the men disappeared.

~~~

It took nearly a minute for the boys to see again, the light was so blinding.

"What the fuck?" Roger shouted.

A woman, who looked extremely old fashioned walked by looking terrified as Roger shouted.

"What the hell's up with her?" Freddie asked. 

"Where are we?" Brian asked, mesmerized by how ancient the town they were now in.  

"I think we are in Israel," Roger suggested.

"Roger, this isn't Israel," Brian giggled.

"I'm not sorry. I am very smart for knowing where Israel is," Roger replied. 

"Where's Israel?" Freddie asked.

"In America," Roger said. 

"Hey guys," Deaky said, quietly.

Roger, Freddie, and Brian continued arguing as they always did. Deaky was usually the one, who wasn't arguing or causing a ruckus.

"GUYS!" Deaky finally screamed, "I think we are in Pompeii, you know that city that got ruined by a volcano," he asked, pointing to an ash gray volcano. 

"Oh my Lord! He's right," Brian said.

"Dammit, we are gonna die in this volcano accident?"  Roger cried.

"Calm down, Roger, not everyone died in accident," Freddie pointed out. 

"Yeah, and we have an advantage we have a guy with a PhD with us," Brian bragged.

"No, we have an advantage because we know what happens. We are from the future," Freddie said, Brian glaring at him. 

~~~

They stayed at a tiny hotel. All was normal for B.C. times, but at around 11 PM, the ground started quaking.

"A A A H H H," Roger shreiked.

"Roger, calm down, it takes another day for the whole volcano to blow up," Brian said, "Haven't ever read books about that?"

"Darlings, why don't we get out of here?" Freddie asked. 

"Oh my word, how do we out of here?" John cried.

"According to my studies, we have to come out the same way we came in," Brian said calmly. 

"There's a time machine here?" Roger asked.

"Yeah, and according to my studies, it will be in a similar place to the time before," Brian said. 

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Freddie asked.

"Why don't we scour the town right now, when everyone is asleep?" Deaky asked.

"Good thinking!"

The silhouettos of the men faded into the distance as they tried to find the time mahine!

~~~