Chapter 12- A Thin Moon Me in a Storm-Screen Sky

The woke up in the basement of a shack in the middle of no where. 

"What the hell? We are traveling through time and we just and end up in the middle of boring ass no where?" Roger whined. 

"Shut up, Roger. Do you hear that?" Freddie asked as thunder bled through the windows. 

"It's just a storm, Fred," Brian assured.

They tried to rest, but somehow, they all new, something would prevent that from happening. 

~ ~ ~

At around midnight, the four boys woke up choking. 

"What the hell am I inhaling?" Roger complained. 

"I'm thirsty," John muttered. 

"Go get some water, then," Brian replied. 

Deaky walked over to faucet and tried to turn on, but nothing came out. He punched the faucet, but nothing was coming out, still.

"The water won't come out," John whined.

Roger laughed, thinking of all the dirty jokes he could make about the sentence Deaky had just said. 

"Why not?" Brian asked, "Is there something wrong?" 

"I think it's broken? Or maybe we're in a drought or something?" Deaky suggested. 

They turned on the light and Brian noticed a layer of dark gray powder on his skin. 

"What is that on your skin? Were you guys doing you makeup?" Freddie joked.

"No, Fred. I don't know what this is," Brian said. 

"I think I do," Deaky told them. 

"Really? Do tell us, darling," Freddie smiled. 

"I think we are in the dust bowl?" Deaky suggested. 

" Oh my lord! You are a genius Deaky!" Brian exclaimed. 

"What's the Dust Bowl?" Roger asked.

"The Dust Bowl took place from 1930-1936, while a terrible drought was going on. The wind began to pick up and instead of raining it blew dust and dirt all across the mid-west America. Nearly 7,000 people died from the dust storm. They got a terrible form of pneumonia from the dust called 'dust pneumonia.' Many others died of starvation because their crops were ruined from the drought," Brian lectured. 

"So we are all gonna get dust pneumonia and die?" Roger asked.

"Oh, shut up with you stupidity," Freddie sighed. 

"We need to take precautions, like wearing masks to block out the dust and staying away from all windows, maybe even add barriers to block the windows," Brian explained. 

"Well, how do we sleep?" Deaky asked, very tired. 

"We can't, we will inhale too much dust," Brian said.

Brian made coffee to prepare the men for the all nighter they would be pulling for the next days.

~ ~ ~

Hope you like this watch this video and subscribe to the channel!