Fair Game

Y/N had been shaking out the nervous jitters as he got ready for his first ever Quiddich match against Slytherin.

"Alright everyone! We've got this...Y/N may be our new seeker...but Mother/Name was also once a champion winning Hufflepuff seeker! Now lets go!", Cedric says.

As they make their way out onto the field, Y/N takes his position as he sees so many of his friends in various houses as they all cheer for him.

He smiles and waves before spotting Draco.

"Best of luck Draco!", Y/N says smiling.

Draco scoffs and says,
"You're gonna need it the most..." and with that the game begins.

The snitch is released and they instantly begin going.

The Quaffle is tossed up and narrowly misses Y/N's head.

"Behind you!", Y/N shouts as a female slytherin backs her broom up, only for him to veer around her and zoom ahead.

"Thank you!", he says as he gains on the golden snitch.

However, a new opponent joins the fray as Pansy Parkinson veers next to him.

"Finally! I get to beat the L/N brat!", she says.

"One can dream!", Y/N shouts as he reaches for it.

However she reaches at the same time and almost sends them both over.

She bumps her broom into his and he returns the motion.

"We playing tag? Or are we playing Quiddich?", Y/N asks as they veer closer to the snitch.

The snitch aims itself down and they go.

The snitch gets dangerously close as Malfoy is distracted by Y/N's flawless turn as he turns and reaches out for the snitch.

He wraps his legs around the broom before flipping himself around and standing up on the edge of the broom.

He wobbles a bit, but its enough to have Malfoy worried as he zooms down and in the direction of Y/N, as Y/N reaches forward he suddenly stumbles forward, just as Malfoy flies directly in front of him.

Everything is in slow motion, although they're fairly close to the ground Draco worried for Y/N's safety, and he instantly pulls Y/N over him, to try and cushion his fall.

They end up on the ground, Draco right underneath Y/N, Y/N's back to him as he clutches his chest.

Faculty file around him and suddenly Y/N's hands open, revealing he had won the golden snitch.

Everyone cheers as Cedric walks up to him and hugs him.
However, Y/N realizes he's limping as he goes to stand.

"Not to worry my dear! I got this!", Gilderoy casts a spell and Y/N's leg goes limp.

Y/N practically gags but Cedric insists on carrying Y/N to the hospital wing.

Draco watches from the window as Y/N receives a piggy back ride from the slightly over male.

He gives dirty looks to the two as they enter and check Y/N in.

However, it pains him when he hears Y/N's whimpers and cries as the magic medicine works its purpose.

Time Skip...

Y/N sits up as he looks around and he notices Draco up.

"Hey...thanks for taking the fall for me...", Y/N says smiling to him as he goes to get up.

"Dont mention it...", Draco says grumpily.

"No...I mean it...thank you...", Y/N says as he kisses his cheek.

Suddenly they hear frantic footsteps as they hurriedly pretend to be asleep.

McGonagall and the other faculty hurry in as they wheel a cart in with a cover over it.

"In here...", She says as she examines the two sleeping boys.

"Another victim! If we don't get this situation under control...I'm afraid we'll have to resort to...", Dumbledore trails off.

"Close the school down...?", Snape asks as Y/N mentally gasps.

"Maybe he caught the attacker on his camera...?", McGonagall says as they open the camera and there's a poof as they sigh defeated.

They make their way out, on McGonagall's way she stops by Y/N and gently places a kiss on his temple.

"I'll make sure no harm comes your way...", She says.

As soon as they exit, Y/N and Malfoy jolt up and look to each other and then to the sheet covering the cot.

Draco steps forward and pulls it slightly.

Y/N's eyes widen as Draco quickly presses his hand to his mouth to keep him from crying out as there laid Colin Creevey.

"Shh...Y/N...we'll be okay...", Draco says as he lays Y/N back down.

"D...Draco...promise to keep me safe...?", Y/N asks.

Draco hesitates as he thinks about his friends, then he looks to the frightened smaller male in the cot next to him and says,
"I promise..."

Time Skip...

Cedric leads the fellow Hufflepuff Quiddich team.

"Its an easy win for us! We're going up against Gryffindor...we're much more determined, and smarter...", However McGonagall walks up to the entrance, with Harry and Ron behind her and she says.

"I'm sorry to announce...but this match has been cancelled...Mr. L/N come along with me...", McGonagall says.

Y/N is led into a hospital wing, and suddenly he sees her.

He shakes his head as tears pool, Hermione laid there, petrified.

He buries his head into McGonagall's side as she gently pats his back.

"Its alright Mr. L/N...she'll get better soon...", McGonagall says.