Chapter 10: Are You Okay?

Loki's PoV:
Harries,Maxi and Jesse were chatting while I laid down in the middle of the tower.The police came ten minutes later to collect the man.Jesse introduced me to them then they petted me before they left,taking the man.Another five minutes passed as I heard a soft knocking at the door.I glanced behind my shoulder to see the three lifeguards minding their own business.I barked loudly,startling them.Jesse looked at me before I stared at the door.Huffing, he got up and headed toward the door,He opened it and greeted the person.She had a lost boy with her.A few moments passed after the girl had left and Jesse say the boy down on the medic bed and tried to calm the child down.It clearly wasn't working.I huffed before I got up and walked over to them.I swiftly jumped onto the bed and laid down,placing my head in the child's lap.The boy hesitated before petting me.

Jesse's PoV:
I sat the lost child down on the medic bed before trying to calm him down but he kept crying and crying.I saw Loki jump onto the bed in one swift movement before laying down and placing his head in the kid's lap.I let out a sigh of relief when the boy began to pet Loki."My name is Zach," the boy muttered.
"That's a nice name," I replied.
"Thanks."
"So, who are you at the beach with?"
"My mum."
"Let's go look for her shall we?"
"Okay," the boy muttered before getting down from the bed."Keep an eye out for any mums who looks like they've lost a child," I said to Harries and Maxi after grabbing Loki's lead and walking out the door.

Loki's PoV
This is a lost child.Jesse grabbed my lead,pulling out of my thoughts.He said something to Harries and Maxi before we walked out of the tower and down the stairs."Such," Jesse commanded to me.I knew the parent's scent would be kinda similar to the child's so, i sniffed the kid before sniffing the air.I trotted off,trying my best to follow the faint scent trail.Jesse and the boy followed behind me.The scent got strong and stronger.I flicked my tail as my ears perked up.I finally found the location of the distraught mother.The boy ran up to her and pulled her into a hug."Thank you! Thank you!" The mother said,sniffing back tears.Jesse told her it was no problem but next time to keep an eye on her child.She nodded before walking off.Jesse passed me a treat that he had in his pocket.I quickly ate it.He patted me on the head before his radio came alive.I heard one word 'thief.' My ears immediately perked up in alert.What kind of thief? What did they steal? I was pulled out of my thoughts again as Jesse put his radio back on his belt."Fuss," he said and I corrected myself into the heel position.We walked off.