Chapter 22

Shikamaru Nara couldn't help but stare in disbelief at the Genin before him.

He and his team had only been in the forest for two hours before stumbling upon a sight so strange even he, a Nara with a mask of laziness so thick almost nothing could break it. Ino had become a trembling mess as she gripped Shikamaru's arm so tight he was sure she caught off circulation while Choji had begun to empty out the contents of his stomach off to the side.

It was horrible, gruesome, down right terrifying:

"I'M A LITTLE TEA POT SHORT AND STOUT, HERE IS MY HANDLE, HERE IS MY SPOUT," one of the Rain Genin started singing as he began to pirouette, his blinding pink tutu moving in a wave with glitter falling off. His shoes were pink ballet slippers with pink ribbons that wrapped up his exposed, and very hairy legs. Thankfully, this one wasn't wearing any makeup.

"LET IT GO, LET IT GO~~ CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE. LET IT GO, LET IT GO~~ TURN AWAY AND SLAM THE DOOR. I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY'RE GOING TO SAY~ LET THE STORM RA~GE ON~~ The cold never bothered me anyway," another of the Rain Genin was singing. He was wearing a crystal-blue off-the-shoulder dress made out of what look to be an ice-like fabric with a right knee-high slit, a crystallized bodice, and translucent powder blue sleeves. He was also wearing ice-made kitten heels, again in an ice-like substance, and a long transparent floor-sweeping cape of sheer ice decorated with large snowflakes attached to the back of her bodice. Unlike the first Genin, this one was wearing a dark pink lipstick and shiny purplish-pink eye shadow, both looking like a child put them on him.

"THE WHEELS ON THE BUS GO ROUND AND ROUND. ROUND AND ROUND. ROUND AND ROUND. THE WHEELS ON THE BUSS GO ROUND AND ROUND, ALL~~ THROUGH THE TO~WN," the third and, luckily, final Rain Genin was singing as he, unlike his comrades, was sitting on the ground and clapping along to the song. Unlike his comrades, he was at least wearing a male outfit... but it looked like it was for a two-year-old as he wore a dark blue onesie with the words MOMMY'S LITTLE PRINCE written in a bright green.

Shikamaru was about to motion for his teammates to back away when he noticed the third Rain Genin was about to put what looked like one of the exam scrolls in his mouth.

"Shadow Possession Jutsu!" The possession worked as the third Genin froze. "Ino, grab the scroll," Shikamaru ordered.

"Hell no! Make Choji do it!" She yelled into his ear.

"Do NOT argue with me Ino!"

The Yamanaka, sensing her teammate shouldn't be pushed, released her iron grip quickly ran up to the third Rain Genin, took the scroll, and ran right back to hid behind the Shadow User. Once safely behind her teammate once more, Ino looked at the symbol on the scroll. "It's the one we need, Shika."

With that confirmation, Shikamaru released his Shadow Possession, grabbed Choji, and lead his teammates away from the Rain Genin as fast as he could.

Once the trio stopped, as they physically couldn't go any farther without their bodies giving out on them, Shikamaru looked his teammates in the eye. The trio then came to a silent agreement to never speak of what happened in those first two hours of the second exam ever again.

_________________

All over the Forest of Death, many Genin found themselves either trapped, some in genjutsu and others in physical traps, or stumbling upon the trapped Genin in horrific ways.

Needless to say, it was a traumatic experience for all involved.

_______________

The Uzu Senseis watched on in amusement as the other Jounin Senseis kept sending them obvious looks of fear as they watch the second exam using hidden cameras. So far, they had caught glimpses of all the Genin but the ones from Uzu.

It was only three hours into the second exam, so it should be anytime now...

POOF

The trio soon found themselves in the center town of Ground 44, looking at all nine of their kids.

"You should have been here two hours ago... what exactly did you little demons do~?" Zabuza questioned as he glared accusingly at the eight Genin and one half-ghost.

"Operation P, Subsection 2, Paragraph 3.5," all nine said, some with more glee than others.

Zabuza face-palmed, Itachi groaned, and Shukaku began to crackle.

Of course they choose to go with that plan.