Quackity Bullies You (Part 2)

The bell rings and you quickly get up. The note had been a little off-putting but you've got more important things to worry about. This school is a pretty big building, and although Sabrina had done her best to show you around, you're still not quite sure where to go. Bravely, you step out into the busy hallway and hope that the flow of people takes you where you need to go.

Unfortunately the flow of people comes to an immediate clog when a tall blonde boy stops you in the hall.

"Hey! You're the new kid!" He says, alerting everyone in the near vicinity. They all stop and look directly at you in excitement.

Before you can escape, the masses descend upon you. People all asking about where you're from, why you've moved here, how you like the school so far. One group of girls is even bold enough to invite you to their lunchtable. Nervously you try to wade through the crowd, answering what little questions you can identify over the sounds of excitement. The only other thing you can do is pray that they forget about you as soon as possible. This feeling of attention is suffocating, and although you want to have friends, having this many is an aspect even more terrifying than social isolation.

But then suddenly it all stops with one single voice. A loud, calm, male voice soaring over the rest of the noise with graceful ease.

"Where are you going?" The voice asks.

Instantly the hall goes silent and the crowd surrounding you splits in two. The boy, Alex, who sat behind you in your last class struts casually towards you. Every single person in the room avoids his gaze as though he's some sort of king drawing the attention of his court.

"English class?" You say shyly.

"That's the same class that I have, how about we walk together, hm?"

There's something about his voice that makes you feel incredibly on edge, but you take him up on his offer anyway. Immediately the crowd behind you scatters, all hurrying away in fear. Together you walk down the hall, neither person saying anything to each other, which only makes you feel more afraid.

He leads you towards an empty staircase, one you weren't familiar with yet. Gracefully, he opens the large metal door and holds it for you. Awkwardly, you thank him.

"Is this the way to English?" You ask as you follow him down the stairs.

There aren't any windows or floor numbers to tell you where you are exactly. On the landing, old broken lockers are piled up beside a couple of old TVs from the nineties. It looks more like a storage area than a real stairway.

"We're going in the right direction, trust me," He tells you.

Still you stop. You can feel that somethings wrong. Alex turns around and upon seeing your concerned face, laughs.

"Alex? Why did you bring me here?"

"You got me," He laughs, but his face quickly hardens.

Suddenly, he grabs your shirt and shoves you up against the lockers behind you. You feel the rusty metal pressing into your back.

"Wh-" You start, but he cuts you off.

"Listen here you little twerp," Quackity hisses, "This is my territory. People here respect me. Not some random little kid who's been moving from place to place since you learned how to talk!"

"I- I-" You stammer,

"You're new, so I'll go easy on you. But you have to learn that here, you listen to me, do as I say, and most importantly, you don't steal my spotlight. I bet you always love the attention you get whenever your parents uproot you and take you somewhere new. I bet you just love all the popularity it gets you and your family. But here, nobody upstages me, you understand?"

You stare at him, then nod silently. At this, he relaxes his grip on you and steps back.

"Good. Now get out of here before I put your head in the toilet,"

This makes you pause. It takes no effort whatsoever to figure out the kind of person he is. He's the school bully, the person who harms anything that stands between him and whatever it is he wants.

"You think you're the first bully I've ever encountered?" You say.

His eyes burn with rage and you feel a sharp pain across your cheek. He slapped you.

"What did you call me?"

"A bully. That's what you are, isn't it? Demanding attention, threatening people who get in your way?"

"Maybe I am a bully." An evil grin crosses his face, "But at least I'm not a loser like you!"

He pulls open one of the old locker doors and shoves you inside. Before you have a chance to fight back, he slams it shut and locks it. Through the metal grate you can see his smirk.

"Have fun in English class," he tells you before running off.

"Wait!" You yell, shoving the door of the locker, "Let me out, I'm sorry!"

The only answer you get is the ringing of the bell, indicating the beginning of class. You let out a sigh.

Worst first day of class ever.