IMAB | 1

One scratch, and it was enough to bring out the rage within a man who has been dealing with violence in his entire life.

The metal rod he used to beat the thugs was still held tight in his grasp, where it was covered with blood all over. Including his hands.

His shoulders moved up and down as he catching his breath while staring at the helpless, badly wounded thugs on the ground.

Although he was known to have a temper issue, but this was beyond his limit. He had never been that angry before. And he looked terrifying.

"Jin..."

That voice. Soft and tender voice. The only voice that managed to calm him down even after he went into a beast mode and beat five men mercilessly right before her eyes.

He averted his eyes, along with his feet where he walked his way towards the girl who stepped out from behind of the green garbage bin.

He halted, but the girl didn't. "Don't... come any closer." He warned her, but she and her stubbornness would never listen.

But he didn't avoid her either when she kept on walking until there's no more gap in between.

She looked up to his face, laid her hand on his cheek with a hurtful smile.

"Look at me." She said. He gathered all his courage to look, but instead of meeting her gaze his eyes fell onto the unpleasant wounded scratch across her collarbone.

It angered him and attempted to beat the thugs again, only to be stopped by her when she grabbed his wrist.

"Stop. That's enough." She yanked his arm and cupped his face in her small sized hands. "I'm okay."

She wiped the blood stain on his cheek with her thumb. "I'm okay." She repeated.

His unoccupied hand took her bruised hand off of his face. "No. This is not okay."

He gathered all the courage he had left in him to meet her eyes with his.

"You need to leave."

🍃

TWO MONTHS EARLIER...

"Alright. Thank you so much. Have a great day!"

She paid the driver and watched as the taxi drove off from the pickup point. She turned around and did nothing but standing there. Facing the tall building which happens to be a fancy apartment.

Fancy? More like luxurious.

She dragged her luggage and a few backpacks with her towards the main entrance, where she was stopped by a scary-looking security guard.

"Which unit? What room? And your ID residency?"

She gulped. The security guard was stern as hell. "Um... I can't remember which unit, but a friend of mine lives here and if I remember it correctly, her place is in... B-L4-25."