IMAB | 4

Both eyes locked into each other for god knows how long, and only to be broken when the stranger looked away.

He definitely feeling some type of way as well. But it was hidden underneath the black mask.

But the girl didn't budge. She raised her hand and shake the iced coffee in front of his face.

"Are you dumb?"

This is the second time Luna heard him speak. Only this time he directly talking to her with a harsh question.

Luna grinned, as if she was busted by him. "Yeah. Thanks to my dumbness, I lost my purse and let someone else paid for my coffee. No offense."

The guy was confused and bewildered as hell. He couldn't tell whether Luna was being sarcastic or she actually dumb.

"Offense taken." He replied coolly. "And how did you even have the audacity to buy something without your purse, let alone walking down the streets with no cash? At all?"

"Well, shit happens all the time." Luna shrugged innocently. "At least we can still go cashless through online banking though."

Luna was a bit upset with herself that she subconsciously brought the straw closer to take a sip of the coffee. She accidentally hit her lower nose by the tip of the straw and realized she was meant to give the coffee to him.

"Oh my— I almost drink your coffee! Here take it before I regret it."

The guy moved his eyes up and down, from head to toe. She seems harmless, soft and too naive to his liking. But her action did moves him a little bit.

And the way she looking at him too.

"I know how online transaction works." He sighed.

"Just saying. I don't mean to insult you or anything." Her lips stretched into a straight line. "Here. Just take this coffee. You paid for it, so you can have it." She shook the coffee a little.

He loosened his arms and placed his hands on his hip. "It's yours." Then he averted his eyes from her. "I gotta go. Try not to drop something on your way home later on."

"Oh... thanks again for this coffee. And— wait! I didn't catch—"

He walked away without turning around. And that's the last time Luna ever saw that stranger.

"–your name."

A kind, yet mysterious guy. Who is no longer to be seen, disappeared among the pedestrians.

*buzz*

Luna quickly took out her phone from her handbag, picking up the phone call from Yves.

"Hey girl! So how's the interview going?"

"It went smooth like a criminal." She joked. "That means it went well."

"That's what I thought. Haha~ anyways, I got lunch break in about ten minutes but I'm already bored and hungry now. I'm going to fetch you there and we'll go out for a lunch."

Luna glanced at the direction where the stranger took his path in leaving her, and then she let out a chuckle.

"Okie-dokie."

The stranger was no longer there, but deep down inside Luna hoped that they crossed paths again so she could properly shown her gratitude for his kindness even though it's just a small deed.