IMAB | 2

SOMEWHERE IN A DARK ALLEY...

"Any last words?"

The middle-aged man crouched down and flicked the stranded hair of another guy who was terribly beaten up on the ground. His blood was everywhere but it's too dark to notice.

"Go to hell."

The man in a well-tailored suit laughed, and the sound of his laughter almost the same as the laugh of a Devil. "Very well. After you."

He stood up , and signaled at someone to finish him off. Like an obedient dog, the guy who stood behind him began to take over the situation and ended the life of the thug.

"Shouldn't have agree to that stupid contract." Said the middle-aged man as he pulled a cigarette out of its box and put it in his mouth. One of his men lights the cigarette up, and it didn't took his other 'minion' to finish his job.

"Anyways..." he turned around, and the thug was no longer breathing. "Clean this mess up."

He began to walk away from the dead body, followed by the one who did the murder. The rest of the minions quickly managed the crime scene, leaving no single trace behind.

YVES'S APARTMENT

"Luna! Dinner's ready!"

Luna was just about to set up her laptop in the living room when Yves called her for dinner. "Aight! Be there in a minute!"

She plugged in the cable to the outlet nearby and quickly headed towards the dining table. Her face was lightened up by the amount of food her friend prepared.

"Woah... this looks like a big family gathering kind of feast! And it's just the two of us!"

Yves smiled as it was her proudest moment of the night. "Of course! I have a new responsibility now. Now take a seat."

"You don't have to tell me twice." She pulled the chair from underneath the table and sat down to her excitement. "Wait... I didn't know that you cook this whole time."

Yves came back with two empty glasses and a small jar of plain water in it. "Were you worried that I'm gonna let you starve because of my lack of skills in cooking? Or the only food that I might gonna feed you for the rest of your stays here is instant noodles?"

Luna laughed sheepishly. "No, not that. I still remember when you invited me to your house back then and you insisted to make me a scrambled eggs. And then you—" Luna couldn't finish her sentence as she burst into laughter.

"Yes I remember it so well, idiot. Thank you for bringing that up." She scoffed and took a seat opposite her. "You better start eating or else I will throw you out of the window."

Both of them began to enjoy the dinner quietly, soon after Luna calmed down with her laughter.

"So, tomorrow's your big day, huh?"

Luna nodded while chewing.

"You sure you want to apply for that job? I mean, I'm not really against it because it's your decision. But, being a secretary is one of the most busiest job in the world. Let alone the amount of pressure you'll get every single day. Then weeks, and then months, then for years."