IMAB | 3

"Excuse me miss..."

Luna opened her eyes and slowly brought her arms back to her chest, where she casually folded her arms and act cool as if she did not just doing anything silly just now.

"Yea— oh? You're the Uber driver guy." She was surprised to see the driver who brought her to her destination was still there, and even more surprised to see the vehicle was still park at the same spot as well.

"Eheh... yeah. I'm just gonna return your money to you." He said while showing the amount of changes in his hand to her.

"What?! No, no! Just keep it."

The driver was in utter confuse. "But..."

"I mean it. As my gratitude for bringing me here safe and punctual." She closed his hand where the money was and smiled. The driver was touched by her lenience, as he clearly never encountered such passenger before.

"I... I don't know what to say..."

Luna pat his shoulder. "You don't have to say anything. Thank you so much and have a good one."

The driver bowed before her, repeatedly thanked her as he headed back to his car. "You too miss! Thank you again!"

Luna was in a very good and joyous mood that she thinking of a self-reward for doing pretty well the entire morning. She looked around and noticed a coffee bar nearby, so that's where she strode to.

To grab a coffee. Plus she haven't had her breakfast yet, so yeah.

She entered the coffee bar, and the first thing she did the moment she walked in was admiring the pretty design and decoration of the place. Tourist mode on.

She got into the line and patiently waiting until it was her turn to order.

"Ice coffee with whipped cream and sprinkles on top please?"

The barista didn't say anything as she just nodded while getting her order ready. Just when she thought the difficult situation was over before the interview, somehow a new trouble came to mess her up.

She was about to pay for her coffee, but to her shock she couldn't find her purse in her handbag.

"What the— hold on a sec."

She rummaged through her handbag, still no sign of her purse. She got nothing in it. Not even backup money.

"I'm sorry miss but could you step aside for a while? You're holding the line."

Luna was having a panic attack all over again, and she couldn't even think properly that she just blinked at the annoyed barista.

"Um... do you accept online banking?" She asked.

The barista sighed out loud. "No, we don't accept online banking. We only accept cash and visa."

'Damn it. I should have take the changes back from the Uber driver earlier. Why am I so dumb? No, the real question is, where the hell did my purse go??'

She felt a nudge on her shoulder and it made her turn around in a swift.

"Hey, you better pay for your coffee now. We ain't got time to stand here all day like you." Said the customer behind her in his grumpy voice.

Luna had no choice but to step aside and make way for the rest of the customers to take turn. The rest of the customers began to look at her with a judgment look on their faces, which made her completely uncomfortable and embarrassed.

She refused to believe that she had lost her purse as she rummaged through her handbag again. There's no way she would leave the place without the coffee.

So she tried her luck again to persuade the barista to accept her suggestion about the online transaction payment method.

"Please... I'll double up the amount of the price if you let me pay—"

"Cash and, or visa. Either one of these options only." The barista cut her off.

Luna lowered her head down to her defeat. 'Bye-bye ice cream with whipped cream.'

She was about to take her leave when she was blocked by someone. Outfit all black. Including the mask as her eyes traces the side figure of the person up to the side profile.

'Oh my... he's so tall.' She gulped. She noticed some weird pattern on his neck, but unclear what was it.

Despite the few inches gap, there's no scent of a cologne. But she could sense such aura from him, which got her feeling some type of way.

She didn't catch any feelings towards the stranger. It's just, the way he casually stood there next to her somehow made her feel... safe.

"How much?"

And that is definitely the first time she heard him spoke. Thinking that the guy cutting the line Luna nudged him by his shoulder.

"Excuse me, you should get in the line—"

"How much is this coffee?" He repeated, completely ignoring Luna as if she wasn't there.

But to her surprise, the guy didn't cut the line to order. He was actually asking the price of her coffee.

In the end, Luna won her coffee thanks to the stranger's sudden kindness.

After the stranger paid for her coffee, he didn't say anything nor even glancing at Luna. He just left, leaving the perplexed Luna behind.

"Hey—" she started to run after him, but almost forgot about her coffee. She snatched the coffee on the counter, thanking the baristas then returned to the stranger.

She struggled to push the glass door open. The glimpse of the stranger was no longer in her sight as she lost him among the pedestrians.

"How the heck did he disappear that fast??" She turned to her right and left, wandered around the street like a lost puppy.

Her ankles began to hurt, but she was still determined to find the kind-but-cold stranger. She took a few steps forward, and gasped as she finally caught the glimpse of the stranger.

She ran after him regardless the sore ankles. "Stupid heels!"

No matter how fast she ran, the guy surely walked faster than her. She looked like a chicken having a seizure by the way she ran.

"Wait!"

She yelled. Thankfully the stranger heard her, so he stopped. She halted next to him, having her moment of catching her breath.

Now she looks like she had just done a marathon.

"Man... you surely walk faster than the speed of my internet." She blabbered while panting. The guy crossed his arms, didn't even dare to make any eye contact with her.

Her abnormal breathing pattern slowly went back to a normal rate, and she managed to put herself together.

She cleared her throat and fixing her messy hair. "Thank you so much, kind stranger."

The mysterious guy was still quiet. Not a single word slip out through his mouth.

Luna raised both eyebrows, not knowing the meaning behind his silence.

"I lost my purse, probably around this area. Or maybe... agh darn it." She face palmed, realizing that she might left her purse in the backseat of the Uber's car. "Double shot of stupidity." She slapped her forehead.

She jerked her head up. The guy quickly looked away.

"You know what? Since you're the one who paid for this coffee, I'll just give it to you instead."

Five seconds later, he finally made a bold move of looking at her.

To be continued...