Intruders, Frying Pans and Water Fights

The journey was long and tedious. I had so many questions to ask, and they were flying around in my head, just waiting to burst out.

"We're here, miss." The cabbie said.

"Oh. Thank you." I handed him the money and got out. I looked up at the familiar black door and knocked on it.

"Hello dear." The woman stood inside.

"I'm here to see Sherlock. Is he here?" I asked.

"No, he's out at the moment. Would you like to come in and wait for him?"

"Um, if thats okay, then yeah."

"Come on in, dear." She let me inside.

"Mrs Hudson, I also wanted to apologize for scaring you a couple of days ago."

"It's fine. Sherlock explained to me why you did it." She smiled.

"Oh, right. That's good."

I followed her up to the man's flat. It was messy and dark. There was a desk and fireplace, and two chairs. A long sofa lay up against the wall, under paper and pictures that had been stuck there. The spraypainted smiley face with bullet holes was next to them.

"Don't mind the mess, it's Sherlock you see, he's awfully untidy. Thinks I'm his housekeeper!" She exclaimed. "I've been meaning to have a word with his mother. She has a lot to answer for."

I laughed at how sweet she was. She reminded me of my late grandmother.

"Anyway, what's your name, dear?"

"Sophie Taylor." I stated.

"Lovely name." She concluded as she went into the kitchen.

"They're not back yet, but I'm sure they'll be here soon." She said. "I'm Mrs Hudson by the way."

"Okay."

"Do you know the boys then?"

"Yeah, sort of. I know DI Lestrade really, and I only met Sherlock through that. I met John in a café one day then again in a job interview."

She smiled. "Tea?"

"That'd be nice, thanks."

We chatted for a minute then she brought in our tea.

"It's nice that the boys have a female friend."

"I'm hardly their friend." I laughed.

"Sherlock hides his emotions alot, he even hid them from John at the start. I don't think he's very good at making friends. He'll pretend to you that he doesn't need friends...but he does. It takes a lot to see through his acting, but when you do, he's a good young man."

I nodded. "I'm sure he is."

"He's lonelier now that John moved out with Mary. All he ever does is solve crimes."

I nodded again, taking a sip of my tea. It sounded alot like Mrs Hudson was trying to get me to move in.

There was a bang from downstairs. "Ooh, that'll be him now." She said as she rushed down.

I heard muffled voices coming from beneath me. I couldn't understand it at all. Then loud and steady footsteps were approaching.

"What are you doing here?" He snapped.

"Nice to see you too, Sherlock." I hissed back.

Mrs Hudson had gotten to the top of the stairs by now, "Don't be like that, Sherlock. She's been waiting for you to come back for a while. Be polite." She hit him softly then smiled at me, walking past and through to the kitchen.