Chapter 11 (The Man Behind It All)

"Hey, Dylan. We have to go!"

I jumped up and grabbed the blanket. We ran away from the field and back into the woods.

"Where are we going?!" I yelled. "And why?!"

She was breathing quickly. "Cops!" They found us!"

We continued to run. But I let go of her hand and stopped. I heard yelling. They were yelling my name, Travis' name, Brandon's name, Mackenzie's name, and Rylie's name. These weren't cops. They were a search party.

"Dylan! What are you doing?"

I ran towards them and had a smile on my face. "Mom! Dad!" I yelled as I ran.

"Dylan! You can't go! You can't leave me!"

She began running behind me. Her beautiful smile turned into a look of death. She raised a knife out of her hand and threw it. I was almost to the search party, when I felt the knife impale my back. I screamed in agony and fell to the ground.

"Someone help!"

    I had barely saw that Tara was running away. She had betrayed me. She had stabbed me in the back. Quite literally.

The search party rushed over to me and picked me up. And next thing I see is my mom and dad.

"Where is Travis?"

    "Where is Mackenzie?"

"Where is Rylie?"

    I closed my eyes as I listened to everyone screaming and asking questions.

"Where is my Brandon?" Someone had asked and my eyes opened wide and I had re-envisioned what had happened to Brandon. I had killed him. I thought I got over it, until I heard his name again.

"Hon, who did this to you? Where have you been?" My mother asked.

My breathing grew sloppy. I began to murmur some words but it came out as gibberish. I knew what I had to say, but I couldn't say it.

~

I blacked out and became inanimate. I could barely feel the light touch of all their hands rushing me to the ER. I could slightly hear all the chaos and mutters. I just laid there. Ready for God to take me. But then, my eyes opened.

"Dylan?" My mother calmly asked.

"Mom."

"Can you explain what happened?"

"I can try." I said with all my effort. "The first day of school Jenkins provided Travis, Mackenzie, Brandon, Rylie, and I letters. We couldn't open it until we got home from school. The letter provided an address. We all went, thinking it was some sort of party. But when we got to the shack, it came to our attention, that we were locked in there. And mom. They're all dead. I made it out. Travis and Mackenzie, Brandon and Rylie, they're all dead."

    Her jaw dropped and she started to cry. "This can't be right."

"One by one, they all died. They were murdered. I escaped and met Tara Masters. She helped me get away from town and then when I heard you guys, I went running for you and she didn't like that and threw a knife at me."

The chief walked in as I had finished talking.

"Tara Masters did this. Find that daughter of a bitch." My mother said with rage.

"No" I replied back.

She looked at me. "I am not going to let some hobo girl hurt you and your friends!"