E.2: Trail of Ares Battle Royale.

The screen lights up, starting the next episode.

As the episode starts, the sounds of a dolphin come from Xylo and Mitch's cabin.

Everyone but Xylo wonder why a dolphin is in the cabin. Xylo, meanwhile, sighs in annoyance.

"Seriously," Xylo begins, "ya got to get that dolphin out of the cabin!" he shouts. "It's gonna, do something!" Marshie then come out of her cabin as Xylo greets her. 

"Aren't you supposed to be somewhere?" Marshie asks, while Xylo explains that he's trying to get Mitch to come, but failing.

"So he didn't go?" Nad questions.

"Yeah." Mario answers for Xylo, having been at the trail.

Xylo then asks if Marshie can fly him to the arena. The conversation swiftly become awkward from there.

"Wow Xylo, just wow." Lee teasingly states.

The others begin chuckling at the scene, while Xylo blushes in embarrassment. 

He then yells at the nearby ostrich making noise. He then questions as to why it's in camp. He then continues to awkwardly ramble on.

The campers laugh louder at this, while Xylo becomes redder and redder.

"It's hilarious to see you like this again, Xylo." Mario states as the laughing dies down, with Kay agreeing.

Xylo, still slightly red, slightly smiles and mumbles "Yeah."

The scene then changes to Xylo, riding Shadow, at the fountain area, where a familiar voice questions where the monster chasing him went.

Mario groans at this, while Xylo and Kay smirk, looking forward to seeing the old Mario again.

Xylo rides by the others there, and past a young man in purple with his back to the others. He rides to the colosseum, dodging nearby monsters. He draws his bow, firing at monsters that followed him. He passes a large ant tunnel, before defeating them.

The scene then shifts to the old arena, showing several campers waiting, until a voice asks, "Uh, is this the, uh, Headmaster's office, or whatever it is?" The asker is a familiar teen with black hair with a green laurel in it, dressed in white and gold clothes.

"Hey! It's you, Sparkles!" Ricarro excitedly states.

Mario groans, embarrassed to see his old, meek self again.

Xylo then tells Mario that this is the Arena, where they're going to fight to the death. "Wait, WHAT!" Mario exclaims, panicked. Xylo then explains that it's not entirely to the death. Mario then complains about just getting there.

 "Huh." Cal mumbles under his breath, the situation seeming very familiar.

As Xylo asks who Mario is the son of, the purple clothed person jumps from the stands. Now able to see his face, They see a scar over one of his eyes.

"Who's that?" Magnus questions.

"That's Michael, son of Athena." Xylo answers. "I wonder what happened to him." 

Kay answers him, "Ritchie said he sacrificed himself to lift the curse frim the Cave of Erebus." she answers with a dark look in her eyes.

"Ah." Xylo says, the same dark look in his eyes. When Magnus looks worriedly at him, he says, "You'll see later."

"Hello everyone. I'm Michael, son of Athena. Ancestral child to the great Odysseus of Troy. Welcome to the Trail of Ares, where you fight to the death. It's fantastic." Michael introduces himself, with Xylo questioning why the keep saying "to the death".