E.3: Cyclops Attack

The screen lit up once more, signaling the next episode.

The scene opens with Xylo spotting Michael eating at one of the tables outside. As he sits across form Michael, he asks how his mission was. Michael replies that it was slaying a Gorgon. 

"What's a Gorgon?" Inpu asks.

"Oh! It's that lady with snakes for hair that turns you to stone! Right, Dad?" Ricarro asks.

"Yes, it is Ricarro." Xylo replies, chuckling.

Michael then explains how monsters continue to come back from Tartarus. He then goes on to sarcastically state that Tartarus will spit out a Cyclops to attack the camp.

At that, Xylo groans at his horrid luck. Magnus confusedly glances at him.

Xylo goes to ask if there's anything he can do to help. Michael denies Xylo, stating that he should focus on his training. They then go onto discuss Xylo's training. A zombie appears, which Michael promptly kills with ease. He then questions what he should ask the Oracle.

As he finishes talking with Michael, the screen cuts to him riding Shadow through camp. He tells his horse that he got permission to build a stables.

"So you're the one who built the stables?" Lee questions.

"He did." Kay answers. "He also built a few other things from last year."

They then ride up to an empty building, where Xylo proclaims this as the spot for the stables. He then cuts down a tree for wood, then talks about what he plans on adding to the stables. He makes a fence that he can tie Shadow to. 

He then talks to Shadow, noticing that he's scarred. He tries to comfort him, before turning around and seeing a large pair of legs at the entrance. 

"What is that?" Momiji asks, slightly scared.

"A cyclops." Xylo answers.

"You had to fight a cyclops your third day at camp!? How did it even get in?!" Cal worriedly asks.

"I'm not too sure..." replied Xylo.

He tries to call the guards, with none coming. He then begins to shoot at the back of its head, causing it to turn and show its one, large eye. It walks towards the stables, blocking off Xylo's target.

The monster begins to walk around the small building, with Xylo shooting it's knees whenever it passes by the entrance. He walks slowly out the entrance to shoot it's eye. He gets one shot off before it notices him. It picks him up and attempts to eat him, dropping him afterward.

Everyone gasps in worry for Xylo. Magnus begins to lean into him for comfort, causing him to blush.

He begins to continue to shoot at it's knees, and attempting to hit the eye whenever he could. He attempts to stab it with his spear, causing it to kick him back into the building. He runs out once more, thinking it's almost dead, only for it to try and eat him once more.

Everyone is once more at the edge of their seats in worry for their friend.

As he recollects himself in the building, he reveals that he's out of arrows. He tells Shadow that they should wait for the guards to come and kill it. The screen cut to the night sky, as it slowly became morning.

"Wait, you were waiting there all night and no one came!?" Inpu questions.

Xylo then formulates a plan with Shadow. He mounts Shadow and rides out to battle. He swiftly grabs the arrows and goes to shoot the monster. He and Shadow begin to ride around its legs, stabbing them with his spear. As they charge at each other, the cyclops hits Xylo while nocking down the nearby trees.

The cyclops suddenly grabs Xylo off his horse and throws him to the ground. He runs from it on foot, hitting it with arrows, but missing the eye. He grabs 2 more arrows and prepares a shot. "Shadow wish me lu-!" he shouts, as the arrow hits its eye, killing it.

The watchers are shocked that he managed to kill it. Ricarro begins to cheer for his 'father'. 

"Not bad..." Lychee states.

Xylo looks on in shock that he actually managed to kill it. He then begins to talk to Shadow about what just happened. It then cuts to Xylo back at his cabin, seeing Mitch inside. They begin to talk about Mitch's brother, Jakey, and why he's jealous. 

They begin to talk about the Trail of Ares. They talk briefly about the prize of asking the Oracle 3 questions. Xylo then questions Mitch if he's seen monsters attack the camp. Mitch says that he hasn't, while Xylo warns him to keep an eye out.

"How did that happen, actually?" Xylo questions Kay.

"I'm not too sure, actually.." she answers.

They begin to talk about if they should tell others about it. Xylo then questions why Kay doesn't seem to like him, and wonders about asking her for a quest.

Kay and Xylo both flinch at the mention of both of those things.

They continue to talk with each other. Mitch goes to explain that the reason he missed the trail is because he takes care of several sea creatures, and a dolphin got hurt. As they finished talking, Xylo then goes to sleep with the scene fading to black.

As the video ends, they prepare for the next one, when suddenly the Voice spoke out.

"Before the next episode, I have something to give you, Xylo." it states.

"What is it?" Xylo asked, cautiously.

"Here." it states, as a bright light shines in front of Xylo. As it fades away, it reveals a teddy bear on his lap. He gasps as he sees this.

"I-is this...?" he shakily asks.

"Xylo..." Magnus and Ricarro mutter, worried.

"It is." the Voice confirms.

"What is it, Dad?" Ricarro questions.

"This is Fred." he simply states. Many of the new campers are confused, while the original campers gasp in realization.

Before anyone can ask questions, the screen begins to light up once more. Everyone begrudgingly turns to the screen. Xylo holds the plush close to his chest, shaking lightly, while Magnus glances at him, worried.

What no one notices, however, is that the bear glows faintly for a split second.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! Finally got this chapter out. Sorry it took so long, wasn't feeling the best today.

And for those wondering about Fred, this was actually suggested in a comment last chapter. We'll see more of why he's there next time.

See you next time!