01 !

————————————
a quick trigger warning
before we get into the
story, this book WILL
include a toxic and
manipulative relationship.
(and possibly slight
verbal abuse- )

(and possibly slight verbal abuse- )

S E C O N D  P O V !
————————————

"aww, fuck you- dick." you scoffed with a smile to your long time friend, techno. "i was literally so fucking close, you couldn't just let me win?" you pouted.

"nope, no way in hell. you know i don't let people win." he said, his tone still as monotone and stoic as ever.

"not even your BEST frien-"

"y/n! we're going out to eat." jason called out, walking into the room.

"jason, i'm in the middle of somethin-"

"c'mon you're not really gonna play that stupid fucking game all day, right? you never get out of the house. c'mon, this is for your own good."

you stared at him, a hurt expression on your face while he just leaned against the doorframe- one eyebrow raised and arms folded in front of him. "well, i'll go but just let me finish this game with techn-"

"yeah, yeah- technobitch. i get it, you're more involved with some random fucking dude on the internet than your own boyfriend, i see."

"babe that's not-"

"forget it, you don't have to go- i'll take max." he said challengingly, turning away.

"go right fucking ahead." you grumbled, turning back to your game and sighing. looking down at your slightly shaky hands. you were flooded with a wave of emotions, drowning in the sea of them. you were angry, sad, jealous, guilty- and you didn't know what was so wrong with you playing a game. we're you really on it that much? maybe he really was just looki-

"god, i can hear you thinking from here. forget about that fucking prick. play with your favorite man right here." the man on the other line commented, making you break into a smile. he always knew what to say to get you out of a mood, and that was just your dynamic.

"yeah, i just-" you sighed again, looking down. "he has a history of cheating, and it's not that i don't trust him- i just, i don't know there's always the possibility-"

"y/n, i mean this in the meanest possible way. he's. a. douche. and you deserve much better."

"i don't know, techno. i mean we have our ups and downs but- he.." you stopped, swallowing and looking down. "he loves me, and- where am i gonna find that again.."

you could hear the dissatisfied sigh, and you looked down, feeling guilty again. you opened your mouth to apologize, you didn't mean to push all your problems onto him, but he beat you to it.

"listen, i'm not... an emotional or sentimental person- and i'll deny ever saying this- but.." you listening to his faint breathing as he took a second to gather the words. "you're- astonishingly gorgeous. inside, and out. y/n you- you're the embodiment of an amazing person, you're kind- sweet when you want and badass when you need to be, most times. so- honestly? you're gonna find a lot of people who love you out there."

"...god that was disgusting. i cant believe i said something so- outrageously sweet." he said again, faking a shudder- which in turn made you laugh, and as soon as you did, he gave a small chuckle.

"thank you, techno."

"i'm not not done, unfortunately." he said, making your mouth snap shut. "i mean- come on y/n. you're way out of his league. you can do much better than that lame excuse of a human being."

"oh yeah?" you scoffed lightly, shaking your head. "like who techno?

"honestly? i'm a heartless asshole but i'd treat you so much better."

o h.