Chapter 33

It only lasts for short period, it might not last for a second.

Sang Zhi is at loss, she even doesn't do anything to respond. She feels that Duan Jia Xu is stiffen and then immediately stands up straight. He takes a step back.

They both makes a space in between.

They are standing in the back of the bus station. Sang Zhi lifts up her face and looks at his face.

Sang Zhi doesn't dare to look at his eyes so she takes a step back, she doesn't know where to put her hands and legs.

She doesn't know how should she respond to make it be appropriate.

If she responds too great, it will look weird. If she responds like it's nothing, wouldn't it be inappropriate?

If not, she just pretends like nothing is happened?

Sang Zhi couldn't say anything. Her mind is in a mess. She wants to use her sleeve and rubs it against her forehead. But the time she raises her arm, she feels that isn't it too obvious. So she just strokes her head.

Very quickly Sang Zhi hears Duan Jia Xu speaks up. HIs breath is rush and rapid like he is enduring the pain. "I'm sorry."

Sang Zhi looks at him.

She notices that his face is getting even paler. Maybe because it's the weather, he sweats a lot. His forehead is all wet. He looks like he will faint soon.

Sang Zhi is startled.

She suddenly remembers that she touches something on abdomen. She stammers: "Ge Ge... you are in very great pain? Is it because I knocked against ..."

"What do you mean you knocked against me." Duan Jia Xu tries to calm his breathing. "You just touch it a bit. Do you want to have a chance to scam me?"

"I'm sorry." Sang Zhi feels like she wants to cry, her eyes are red. "Ge Ge, wait for me a while. I will call a taxi."

This time Duan Jia Xu says nothing, "Go."

She goes to the road side and luckily she notices an unoccupied taxi. She signals for the taxi driver to stop. Then she says to the taxi driver to wait for a while. She immediately runs toward Duan Jia Xu's side.

She holds him to walk toward the taxi.

Duan Jia Xu is walking very slowly, he seems to be in pain when he moves. He suddenly laughs: "This time you really look like you are holding an old man."

Sang Zhi couldn't laugh.

"Xiao Sang Zhi, Ge Ge feels like I don't have stomachache?" Duan Jia Xu looks at Sang Zhi, he seems to ponder on something. He says: "but Ge Ge still......"

"......."

"Feel a bit of pain."

—–

After getting on the taxi, the driver looks back at them. He notices that Duan Jia Xu's face. "Is he drunk? How is he? He will not throw up on the taxi right."

On the taxi, he feels the pain is decreasing. Duan Jia Xu's face isn't that pale anymore. He smiles and says: "Driver, don't worry. I will endure it."

The driver frowns and reminds him: "If you throw up, you should pay two hundred dollars."

"If he throw up, we will pay you." Sang Zhi says quickly: "Shu Shu (Uncle), he is unwell, he is not drunk. Please drive us to the City hospital. Thank you."

The driver says nothing else and just drives the ca.r

Sang Zhi looks at Duan Jia Xu. He is leaning on his seat. His sitting position looks lazy. His one hand is still covering the bottom right of his abdomen.