Kaoru Shirukiru Relocation

"Alright, class, settle down. We have a new transfer student today, so I expect you all to welcome her." The classroom doors slid open and Kaoru gently stepped in, holding her bag in front of her. "Hello."

"Would you like to introduce yourself?"

"Not really."

"I, um... okay then. There's an empty seat next to Shinsou over there. Shinsou-Kun, would you raise your hand?" A boy with messy purple hair similar to Kaoru's raised his hand slightly as he simply stared out of the window. Kaoru stepped forward without a word and sat next to the boy, crossing her legs and leaning back in her seat. Looking over, she saw how similar he was to her. Messy purple hair, pale skin, dark circles under the eyes. They could have been siblings except for the fact that those were the only things they had in common.

As class started, Kaoru scribbled little moths and stars in her journal, not noticing Shinsou watching. When lunch came, Kaoru went to the roof without getting food, closing the door behind her and standing in the breeze. She stepped near the edge of the building and dropped, sitting on the edge and looking out above the school grounds. "I guess you didn't see me?" Kaoru turned to Shinsou who sat a few meters away, leaning on his hand and staring out at the sky. "Oh hi." The girl turned away and fiddled with the hemming of her skirt.

"Transfer student, huh? Where did you come from?"

"America. I was just transferred here from another school a couple cities away. I did something that got me kicked out."

"Hmm. What did you do?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay."

"Hey..."

"What?"

"Are you okay?"

"Just sleep deprived. You?"

"Just depressed and angry."

"What's your quirk?"

"Moth."

"Care to explain?"

"Not really. What's your quirk?"

"Brainwashing."

"Epic."

"Not really. People think I'm a monster."

"So? Punch them in the face- oh, well I guess that would make someone seem more unhinged..."

"Yeah, not smart. So you didn't tell anyone your name."

"Kaoru Shirukiru. Call me Shiru."

"Okay. I'm Hisoshi Shinsou."

"I'm calling you Cat."

"What, why?"

"Cause you look like a cat."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

The two were quiet from then on out, Kaoru's legs dangling over the edge of the roof and Shinsou's hair shifting with the wind. Soon, the bell rang and the two went back inside to find their class.

"Yo."

"Oh, Kaoru, you're home! How was the first day at your new school?"

"It was fine."

"Did you make any friends?"

"Do I seem like I could make friends to you?" Fujioshi chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, unsure of what to say. "Oh, Kaoru, you got a package in the mail." The purple-haired girl caught the package that was thrown at her, taking it to her room and throwing it on her desk. Kaoru plopped down in her chair and took a pocket knife from her junk drawer, flicking it open and cutting the package open. It was a thick yellow envelope with many papers in it, the girl pulling the stack out.