Monster

Some people will never know the fear of lying awake in your bed, holding your breath as your eyes follow the shadow's movements falling through the small gap between the floor and the closed door.

Or the feeling of biting your own hand tightly to prevent yourself from screaming as you crawl underneath the bed to hide yourself. They will never know the moment you realize that the true monsters don't live underneath your mattress, but come through the front door at night.

-

There at the desk right in front of him was sitting Hyungwon, reading through yet another book, making it the fifth or sixth this week already. Wonho knew that he would never get tired of seeing the other flipping through the pages concentrated, mindlessly brushing some bangs out of his face now and then, completely focused in copy-pasting every written word into his brain.

It's already been a month and a half since he and Hyungwon had started going out and Wonho only came to realize that he was falling deeper and deeper for Hyungwon the more he got to know the taller.

The way Hyungwon would drink his coffee with a double shot, but with vanilla syrup, because he didn't like the bitter taste. Or how his handwriting was so messy that even Hyungwon himself couldn't read it and how he was always thinking about food wanting to try every new trend and recipes but being full after only a few bites, needing Wonho to finish his portion as well. Not that Wonho would ever complain about an extra portion of food.

„What are you reading?" Jooheon asked, turning on his chair so he that he could look over Hyungwon's shoulder and Wonho couldn't hide a smirk as he knew what was about to come.

„A thesis about the connection of violence in the middle Ages and criminology." Hyungwon answered with a smile, happy that someone had shown interest in his book. Wonho however could see Jooheon trying hard not to let his expression slip. The ex-police officer obviously hadn't expected this answer.

Hyungwon had started working as an official part of their team last week. Everyone else had yet to get used to Hyungwon's immense memory abilities and his far above average IQ. Even Wonho himself was still getting amazed by the other's skills and endless knowledge daily.

It was still unreal to think that Wonho would get to see Hyungwon every day from now on. When Minhyuk had told him that they had found a perfect addition for their team he would never have guessed for that person to be Hyungwon. His boyfriend had done a great job in hiding his whole employment procedure from Wonho to surprise him on his first day of work last week.

Wonho had to bite his inner cheeks as the word „boyfriend" crossed his mind. Just thinking about the fact that Hyungwon was now his and he was Hyungwon's made his chest swell with happiness and let a warmth spread through his entire body.

„How many connections are there between... ehm-" Jooheon tried to remember the title of the book, failing horribly.

„The spectacular aspects of violence in the Middle Age helps to decode many of the motives behind today's crimes." Hyungwon began to explain the content excited. Wonho didn't really pay attention to anything Hyungwon continued to lecture to Jooheon he other had just imprinted into his brain.

Suddenly Wonho remembered something Kihyun had told him the day before. Hyungwon had received his official permission to attend field operations, meaning the other was allowed to leave his desk and the paper work and join them on solving their cases. Wonho had witnessed Hyungwon's target practices and knew that Hyungwon could handle a gun and knife surprisingly well, but that didn't change the fact that he was dearly worried for Hyungwon's safety.

Wonho wasn't angry at Hyungwon for not telling him about the job offer and for secretly agreeing to take it. He could understand Hyungwon's motivations and he knew that if Hyungwon had asked him, he wouldn't have agreed to it. At least not right away. He knew that Hyungwon hadn't been satisfied with his old profession and hadn't told him about joining the team, because the brunette had feared that Wonho would be against it.