CHAPTER 7 - They look so cute together!

Waking up Sunday morning with a massive hangover was the norm for Cara. She was used to sloshed Saturdays and now it had become a regular thing, she didn't even feel the pain in her head. That could not be said about her lightweight roommate.

As she worked on making her famous hangover cure, the recipe she had inherited from her father, Jayden sat on the kitchen counter, his head buried in his hands. Christian and her had to compete in an equivalent of the freaking Hunger Games to get a hold of this secret recipe when they were back home last summer. According to their father, only one of the Knight children could carry on the legacy and being the winner, Cara Knight was the owner of the infamous Knight hangover cure.

"Here, this will work wonders." She said, her voice soft.

He looked at her and smiled gratefully but it looked more like a grimace due to his pounding head. He downed the brown liquid in one breath, surprised at it's pleasant taste. They walked back to their room, Jayden holding onto her arm and his eyes closed as she led the way.

She laid down on her bed and to her surprise he followed her, lying down beside her. "Please tell me that today is Sleepy Sunday." He groaned.

She chuckled, "Sundays are for doing whatever we want. If you want it to be a sleepy Sunday, sleepy Sunday it is."

He made a noncommittal sound and wrapped an arm around her waist, lying on his stomach. Her heart began to race at their close proximity but soon they both fell asleep.

**

Jayden was the first to wake up. He didn't move, he kept holding onto his roommate, silently looking at her sleep. Her double chin was adorable and he again had the urge to pull her cheeks. She fluttered her eyes open and looked around the room. She brought her hands up and rubbed her eyes.

"Good Evening." He spoke, checking the time on the wall clock.

"Good evening, Jay." She said with her soft angelic voice which was slightly hoarse. They didn't move, lying in the same position.

"I had fun last night, specially when that guy broke out into a dance and you both had a face off, it was hilarious how he cried when he lost." He chuckled, the sound sending vibrations through her body.

"He challenges me everytime I go to one of Angel's parties. He has sworn that he'll not stop until he wins." She ran her hands through his silky hair and he shut his eyes at the feeling.

"Angel, yeah, what's your deal with him? Why did the two of you break up?" He questioned, eyebrows knitting in confusion.

"I guess the feelings just fizzled out." She said, looking out the window.

"Liar. He still likes you. Hell, he kissed you the second he saw you, what's the real reason, Brownie?" He pushed further.

"It's not something I'm very proud of." She said, sadness laced her tone.

"I won't judge, but if you aren't comfortable, you don't have to tell me." He spoke, his voice soft and soothing.

"It's fine. We dated for six months, I had met him at a party and we had instantly hit it off. He met Chris and Drew through me and they approved of him. We went on several dates and had lots of fun together. He never introduced me to his friends or family, I thought it was odd but I let it go." She took a deep breath before continuing with her story, "One day I was at the mall and saw him sitting in the food court with some of the boys I'd heard him talk about, naturally I went to speak to him. They were having a conversation and I didn't want to interrupt or eavesdrop but it sort of happened. One of them asked him if he's seeing someone and he said no, I felt my heart break but then the other asked him about me, saying how he had seen us hanging out a couple of times and Angel said I was just a friend. I was confused as to why he would say that because we had been dating seriously, he was the one who asked me to be his girlfriend. Then the one who asked about me joked and said that he knew Angel would never go for a... fatty. Angel just laughed and changed the topic but one of his friends had seen me and he nudged Angel who then locked his eyes on me. I didn't say a word and walked away. He called out after me but I was just..... heartbroken. It hurt to know that he was ashamed of me, you know?" Her face showed how much hurt she had felt.