CHAPTER 9 - I don't feel the same way.

The rest of the games were fantastic, it was an undefeated season for the girl's of the Zachary Wellington Academy. A week later, they were standing in the locker room, about to play the final match for the championship cup.

"Okay girls, we've had a great season so far and I'm proud of each and every one of you. Play well." The coach was a man of few words and this was enough for the team to understand that they had his full support.

"Alright. This is it guys. We've come a long way since last week." Some of them chuckled, "We need to win this, but it's okay if we lose too so don't take too much pressure. We just need to go out there, give our best shot and most importantly have fun. Like go crazy, after all, it isn't worth it if it isn't fun." Cara winked at her team members and they just shook their heads at the captain, used to her weird motivational speeches.

The girls filed out of the locker room and made it to the field. She spotted her gang seated in the first row, right above the substitutes. She walked to the bleachers and Jackson immediately engulfed her in a tight embrace. "Kill those bastards, babydoll."

"It's soccer and I'm a goalkeeper, Jack, not an assassin." He grunted in response and let her go. Next person to embrace her was Andre.

"You know little one, I have a good feeling, you'll do great out there." She chuckled and stepped out of his embrace.

"You know you're going to rock out there, Cara, just bring home the cup so we can get mad drunk tonight." Drew said with a huge grin plastered across his face making everyone else laugh.

"I already made the vodka jello shots as per tradition, you better give me a reason to use them happily or else it's your funeral." Yuri sent her a pointed look before breaking out into a grin, "No pressure though."

Cara shook her head at her friend's antiques, "Make me proud Cookie." Christian beamed at his sister. She smiled back at him.

They pounded their fists together twice and then collided their butts thrice, a silly tradition the twins had before any match either of them had.

She saw Jayden standing there but then her attention went to the couple standing behind him, his parents. She moved in their direction and launched herself on the headmistress. "Mrs. H, I didn't know you were coming."

Hayley Wellington beamed at her favourite student, "I wouldn't miss this for the world. You know you're my favourite right?"

Jayden rolled his eyes at his mother and Cara's smile became even wider. A hand was extended out in front of her, she directed her attention to the body attached to it, "Matthew Wellington. I'm excited to see you play." His voice was deep and he was a spitting image of the boy she was crushing on.

She shook his hand, "Mr. Wellington, it's wonderful to meet you. I hope the team's skills can impress you."

"I'm already impressed by their stats honey, I'm also very impressed by you, my wife and son seem to love you." Cara blushed at his words and looked at Jayden who was smiling down at her adorably. Someone hollered for her and she excused herself, going back to the team. Jayden followed her.

"You're right, they are cute together." Matthew whispered to his wife who was beaming at the couple.

"Brownie, I'm proud of you no matter what. You're going to kill it out there, I just know it." He wrapped his arms around her, breathing in her familiar scent. She rested her head on his chest.

"Thanks MVP, means a lot." She said, looking at him through her long lashes. Her eyes held admiration and adoration for him. He bent his head down, his face coming extremely close to hers, their lips, half an inch away. She closed her eyes and felt his lips touch the corner of her mouth briefly for a chaste peck. They separated and kept smiling at each other until Cara had to go away.

Unbeknownst to the both of them, half the school had witnessed their exchange, leaving behind an array of squealing shippers and an excited headmistress.

**

Zachary Wellington Academy's girl soccer team won the championship with the score of 2-1. It was a tough match and the winning goal was scored in the last two minutes. Spirits were high and the whole stadium had rushed on the field to celebrate their win.

The victory party was held in the common room of the girl's dormitory. Yuri was walking around with a tray filled with jello shots she had proudly made. Everyone was drunk. She watched happily as her friend Cara was seated on her roommate's lap, they were drunk and both of them were having whispered conversation.

Her eyes roamed around the room and she saw Drew dancing, twerking to a Rihanna song. She smiled at his dancing form and saw Andre make his way towards Drew, he started humping the boy and people began hooting.

She had been dancing and partying around with everyone. She was truly exhausted. She walked down the hallway towards her room which was on the ground floor to find it slightly ajar. Her roommate was out on the dance floor so who else could be in her room, she thought. She pushed the door open noiselessly and was shocked to see the sight which befell her eyes.

Christian was standing in the middle of the room, his lips locked with someone, she couldn't make out who. They separated and her eyes widened even more, resembling saucers. Christian Knight was making out with none other than Jackson Powers in her dorm room.

**

Jayden woke up with Cara in her arms again. This had become a usual occurrence ever since he slept with her after the first soccer match. He woke up with a smile every single day.

He wasn't sure but he had a feeling she liked him back. He was ready to take the plunge and seeing her sleeping figure, looking so innocent and beautiful, he decided to ask her out today.

He freshened up and left the room before she could wake up. He went to the library to finish some of his homework before he could sit down and plan how he would ask the girl of his dreams out. He was half way through his physics homework when Hannah, his ex girlfriend tapped on his shoulder. He looked at her, sending her a small smile. Their breakup was amicable and they had ended on good terms. It happened at the beginning of this school year.

They had only been going out for a month but Jayden wasn't into it. He liked the girl, sure, but only as a friend. She was a beautiful blonde girl with baby blue eyes but she didn't stir his heart like the grey eyed beauty sleeping in his dorm room did.

"Could you help me get a book from the top shelf?" She smiled sheepishly. He nodded and stood up to help the girl.

He outstretched his hand and removed the book she had pointed at and turned around to give it to her only he couldn't do so. The second he faced her, she pulled him down by his collar and planted her lips on him. He was shell shocked. He didn't know how to react. She kept kissing him but he didn't kiss her back. He snapped out of a daze a couple of seconds later and pushed her away. He wiped his mouth, "What the hell, Hannah?"

"I miss you Jayden." She whispered. "Can we give it another try?"

He sighed, "I'm sorry Hannah, you're a great girl but I don't feel the same way."

She looked dejected but nodded at him and walked away. He looked at her retreating figure and then sat back down to continue his homework.