Chapter 1

My footsteps echoed in the quiet hallways, brightened by the sunlight and teenagers lockers passed by me as I made my way to the principals office.

Once I found his office, I opened the door and was immediately greeted by a concerned yet troubled principal. Mr Kennedy.

Mr Kennedy is man seemed to be in his 40's, light brown hair and hazel eyes. If he stood to his full height, no more than 5'10 and slim, his facial started growing which means he hadn't shaven yet in a while and usually he is a neat man. Work probably got to him. Light bags under his eyes and his lips pressed into a flat line.

To my right was a teenaged girl with a ice bag placed against her face, eyes red from all the crying she had done recently. Her blonde hair tied into a ponytail and white shirt had blood stains on it.

A fight?

Her mother seated next to her, she flashed a quick smile to me then glared at the other teenaged girl to my right.

Ellie.

Ellie Samantha Wick. She had the usual cold glare and her lips in a straight line. A bruise on her cheek and plaster over the bridge of her nose. Her arms crossed over her cross and legs crossed together.

"Mr Wick. Why don't you take a seat and let us begin" Kennedy spoke.

I nod my head and gingerly took a seat next to my daughter.

"As you know. We are hear to discuss Ellie and her behavior. As you know there are constant fights each month, dropping grades and sneaking out of school. I'm not sure what is wrong and what she is going through but this behavior is unacceptable. Mr Wick there are two options. One, suspension or two, she needs to seek out help by someone professional" his gaze shifted to Ellie.

Her watched her expression turn from calm to anger in 3 seconds. Her death glare was enough to kill him, the color left his skin, slightly stunned of her glare and his words.

"No way! I'm not seeking help! I'm perfectly fine but if you can keep that brat away from me!-" she exclaimed but I interrupted her.

"Ellie. What have I taught you. Name calling isn't going to solve anything. Can I get time think about this?" I let out a heavy sigh.

Mr Kennedy nods and growl was heard from the teen.

"No fucking way! Your gonna agree to this! Your not even gonna listen to my side of the story! Fucking fine! This is why mom left you!" she stood up and marched out of the office, slamming the door as hard as she could.

Her words pierced through my heart and I leaned back on my chair, sighing.

"I know it's hard Mr Wick but-"

"I don't want to talk about this now. I'll discuss things with my daughter and I'll get you know what I think" I stood up.

"As you wish. Good luck on talking with her" he said.

I nod and looked at the teen and hr her mother "I apologize for my daughter's actions"

"It's okay, as long as she doesn't hurt my baby girl again" Her mother smiles.

I flashed a quick smile and left.