Chapter 3

Ellie's POV

I sighed as I opened my bedroom door and walked down the small hall then down the stairs.

I know talking about my mom is a sensitive subject to him, when I was younger I couldn't understand why I would sometimes hear him crying in his room late at night or he'd be drinking his 'happy juice' with red puffy eyes.

But I understand now. All these years, he has been raising me himself and never once has he brought up her name or showed me photos which means, either she left us and left a scar on my father, she died in a accident or he had ran away with me.

If he did run away with me then that means one of two things. One, there must have been serious trouble that he had to run away and leave my mother behind. Two, my mother didn't want me so he took away before she could have done anything.

I saw him sit on the couch with his head in his hands, probably still trying to process the two options the douchebag gave him. I feel sorry for him sometimes, he also seems at a loss sometimes but quickly recovers and moves on until it happens again.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Fine" he looks at me.

His once gentle smile wiped off his face. Something I've never seen before and I was stunned. I don't know if it's because I brought up my mom or all the stress and pressure from principal small dick.

"Dad, you don't have to-"

"I need to do it sweetheart. I just need time to think and work things out" he responded rather harshly.

"Okay... I'll be at Brad's and if you need anything call me" I said and quickly left the house, closing the door behind me.

I placed my skateboard on the ground and got onto it then made my way to Brad's house, knowing he'll love to hear this story.