Sootspring's Path

Sootkit was borne to Smokeflower and Rabbitfrost, two respected WindClan cats. Except, Rabbitfrost isn't only respected, he is feared. Sootkit's father was a murderous, violent, and blood-thirsty deputy before Vinestar exiled him. Rabbitfrost was later found by a WindClan patrol, as leader's orders. Sootkit grew up having very fond memories of his father playing with him and his brother in the nursery, even though the Clan always tells Sootkit of his father's terrible actions. Sootkit's brother, Ashkit, took it to another level. He admired their father. He wanted to be a strong as Rabbitfrost was, perhaps even stronger.

   As the two became apprentices, they grew even closer together. Ashpaw soon had the warrior cats equivalent of a girlfriend, while Sootpaw was extremely overshadowed by his brother. This did not make Sootpaw jealous, however. No, what made him jealous was when he learned that Rabbitfrost had been training Ashpaw in his dreams. Sootpaw took that as favoritism, and begged Ashpaw to let him come. So, Rabbitfrost let Sootpaw join their nighttime sessions. Sootpaw always tries to impress his father, no matter what it costs.

   So when Rabbitfrost tells him to kill Ashpaw's mate, Jadelight, because she is a "distraction to Ashpaw's training," Sootpaw does it without hesitation... and he is caught red-handed (or red-pawed... idk).

   He is sentenced to one moon probation, where he is not allowed to leave camp or any cat's sight for a single heartbeat. During this time, he becomes very close with the medicine cat (because his brother hates him for killing his mate), who helps him see that his father truly is evil and encourages him to stop training with Rabbitfrost.

   Sootpaw turns his life around and earns the name Sootspring a couple moons after his brother his made a warrior under the name of Ashspots. Sootspring grows closer to his brother once more, only to learn that he has turned evil since Sootspring killed his lover. Sootspring learns this in his final breath as he dies at his brother's claws.