3://Going home

(𝙵𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚑'𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚍𝚜 𝚎𝚢𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚌 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎)

"Faith, will you let me take you back home?"
I think.

"Okay."
I say, standing up. Alex does the same. We both smile. It's time to let go. It's time to let go of my past, and focus on the future.
"How do we get there?"I ask.

"We're in your mind, Faith. In the real world your laying in a hospital bed, and their pumping stuff in your body to keep you alive. The only way out, is if you choose to leave. You have to be willingly to get out of here, to let yourself free."

How am I supposed to do that?? This seems so real, to sand beneath my toes, the wind in the air.

"How did you even get in here?" I ask him, wondering how he's in my brain.
"After months of trying, they filially built a device where I can go to your brain. I was pretty scared, to be honest. I didn't know what to expect. But when I got here, it was just a beach, and I was confused. Then I saw you. The waves were pulling you under, and I dove after you."

"Thank you."
I say. "Thank you for saving me, and letting me escape. Without you, I probably would have never gotten out of here..."

"C'mon, lets go home." Alex took my hand as he said it.
I shut my eyes, concentrating.

And I concentrated hard. So hard, my brain felt like it would expode.
"I want to get out of here." I whisper.

I repeat.

"I want to get out of here."
And I did. I truly did.
"I want to get out of here."
And that was it. All of a sudden wind gushed all around us, sweeping us off of our feet. Then darkness.

—————————-

"Faith?"

"She's waking up!"
"Quick, get the doctors!"
My hearing slowly awakes and my eyes open.
I see 2 faces staring down at me.

"Mom? Dad?"
My voice is crispy to my own ears. I clear my throat. "Water" I whisper.
Mom quickly gets me some water and once I gulp it down, they both pull me up and hug me, tears streaming down both of their faces. And my dads not much of a cryer.

"Oh, Honey. We've missed you so, so much. Don't ever do that to us again." My moms Silky voice reminds me of my childhood.
"I love you." I say to the both of them.
"We love you to." They say together.

Looking around me, I'm in the hospital and Alex is beside me, in other bed.
"You did it." Alex said.

—————————

"Can I go home now?"
I ask the doctor.
"I would like to keep you here for a while longer to run some test, but we can't force you to do anything."

"We're go home Thank you, here's the paycheck for taking care of Faith."
My mom gives the doctor the check, while Alex helps me out of bed. But my legs collapsed within me and Alex had to balance me.
"Feels weird to be walking for the first time in months, huh?" He says while Chuckling to himself at my Jello-like legs.
I laugh. My dad comes over to help me, and I managed to get all the way to the car.

"Alex, would you like me to drop you off at your house? Your parents are probably missing you considering you've been here for the past week." My mom asked him while my dad drives.

I can see on his face he would rather stay with me, but he says "ok, sure."
Then to me he says

"Text me, ok?" I smile and nod my head, while listening to my parents go on and on about how happy they are that I'm here, and what's been going on while I was unconscious.

I look out the window at the world passing by, the world I left.
"I'm glad your back." Alex says as he takes my hand.
"Me to."

The End.