Lovers

A/n: Slight sexual themes in the beginning, you have been warned.

Image is not mine

Edited: September 28, 2021

~~~~

May 13, 20XX

So tell me again how this happened?

Mitsuru asked as she dabbed the cut on (Y/n)'s cheek, the male wincing every now and then due to the stinging sensation he felt from the peroxide. "Bear with it for now, at least keep me entertained with the story of how you ended up in this state."

"You know you're kind of cruel Aunt Mitsuru." Mitsuru replied to this little comment by adding a bit more force into this one dab of the cotton ball. (Y/n) glared at his scarlet haired guardian as he thought about the tale he was about to tell.

Let's see...

~|~|~|~|~|~

May 11, 20XX

It was a few days prior, the Phantom Thieves had managed to locate the 6th Arcana Shadow: The Lovers. Thanks to Mitsuru who had provided information on the Shadows due to SEES having faced them before, this particular one wasn't strong but Mitsuru advised caution nonetheless.

"So this occurred during my absence? I was gone for one day (Y/n), and you managed to injure yourself?"

"Yes, now shush."

The Shadow had taken refuge in a Love Hotel in the city, a place the Phantom Thieves were somewhat hesitant on visiting. Makoto most of all, memories of being seen with inappropriate materials flashed in her mind. Kaneshiro wasn't the most imposing person with a Palace, but he almost ruined her life and the others and that was enough to at least Makoto a bit apprehensive.

The Phantom Thieves spent a good hour working up the nerve to approach the establishment. Though even after that it took them a bit longer to even attempt to enter the Metaverse equivalent of their location.

"C'mon everyone we've been here for over an hour." (Y/n) complained, the silence that followed as his companions shifted slightly in place. "Fine, Futaba keep in touch okay? I'm going on ahead."

"(Y/n) wait!" Makoto cried out, but the male had already looped around the Love Hotel and entered the Metaverse through one of the weak points that separated the two worlds.

"Can you hear me?" (Y/n) asked hoping that the Orange haired navigator of the Phantom Thieves could hear him.

Loud and clear (Y/n)! We're coming in so stay put whi-

"I'll go on ahead, don't worry." He assured, and ventured down one of the long halls of the hotel. "Track my location, I'll try to see if I can find the Shadow." (Y/n)'s gaze darted around, taking in the scenery and hoped to find anything that indicated where the Shadow was.

The hallway was decorated with many doors running parallel to each other down the hall's length, and every two doors or so a light would protrude from the wall. It's dimly lit red lights were eerie and honestly made (Y/n) somewhat sleepy.

(Y/n), we're inside where are you?

"I'm down the left hall." (Y/n) said. "I-" then the words seemed to die in his throat, as his vision blurred. He didn't know what happened next, he stood in that hall for what seemed like hours....

-/-/-/-/-/-/-

(Y/n) in his still catatonic yet semi conscious state, found himself in one of the hotel's many rooms. He sat at the edge of the bed which was shaped in that of a heart, his senses were dull but he could faintly make out the sounds of running water in the next room; a shower perhaps?