Recoil

A/n: Hello, welcome back to another Makoto chapter. How have you guys been?

Image is not mine

~|~|~|~|~

November 12, 20XX [Friday, 5:30 PM]

The Phantom Thieves, had all gathered to the Kirijo household. Silence looming over them as they kept in mind what they had seen in their companion's Palace. The whole experience was disturbing for some, and traumatizing for the others.

Ryuji, Ren, Makoto, and Mitsuru fell into the latter category. They had seemed to age since that day, but continued on as if nothing had ever happened.

"Thank you for inviting us over Mitsuru-san." Ann began, the redhead shook her head. "It was only natural, besides (Y/n) seems ready to speak to us now." Mitsuru replied, then turning to the others. "I'm grateful that all of you care about (Y/n) so much."

"Of course, (Y/n) is one of us." Chimed in Haru, the heiress smiling softly as she said so. "Though, it's been different without him these past few days." The others silently agreed, the male hadn't even been a part of their lives for more than a few months and yet it was like he belonged to the Phantom Thieves even before their hiatus.

"Has he said anything about us?" Futaba asked, her nerves telling her to wait until the conversation had died down but she felt the need to ask about her friend. Mitsuru shook her head. "Unfortunately I haven't seen (Y/n) since that day at his Palace." Said Mitsuru. "He spends his most of his time in his room, only coming out to eat at odd hours where he knows I won't be around."

Futaba felt dismayed, how (Y/n) was acting reminded her of how she was Pre-change of heart. Shutting people out, and keeping everything bottled up. She could understand, but she also knew that what he was doing would only end up hurting himself more.

Everyone had something to say, though before they could begin to cause a commotion, heavy footsteps descending from the staircase caught their attention. (Y/n) appeared, his appearance was lacking its usual air of formality. Disheveled hair, dark circles under his eyes coupled with the fact that they were bloodshot indicating that he had cried fairly recently, and the slight yet noticeable visibility of his cheek bones.

Makoto was on her feet before anyone could react, rushing before her boyfriend and taking in his features. He had lost weight in such a short amount of time, Makoto placed a hand on his cheek. Her thumb tracing over his features, tensed for a moment at the contact.

"(Y/n)?" Makoto began, though (Y/n) did not reply. Instead he brought her hand away from his face, and led her to a seat before seating down himself. The group was aware that something was wrong, (Y/n) had just brushed off Makoto and was currently sitting a fair distance away from Misturu, who stood by the male.

"I'm sure all of you have questions." (Y/n) began, his voice low and raspy as if he hadn't spoken a word since they had saw him last.

"Yes we do." Makoto answered. "Though, we're just happy you're okay." The brunette offered him a smile, (Y/n)'s mood seemed to damped as he saw Makoto's genuine concern for him. His hands crumbling the fabric of his jeans that were on his legs. "In...In the orb, I learned what it is I am." (Y/n) began, deciding to push forward with sharing information. "I found my answers...and I wish they weren't what I expected."

No one dared to speak, the air was tense enough without one of them saying something that might set (Y/n) off. "Let's start with the beginning, everything Takaya said was true." Mitsuru was the only one to react, the others must have forgotten Takaya's words. Dismissing them as the ramblings of a madman, but not Mitsuru.