Chapter 1

it was 9:35 P.M at night and I was lying in my bed wanting to know why I had a god damn life like mine and thought why I was stuck with drunks as parents. My thought were interrupted by my dad yelling "Astrea! Get down here and make us food!" I groaned and got out of bed and yelled out my door "Get your own food you drunk!" I slammed my door closed and changed into a black shirt with matching jeans and pulled my hair up in a ponytail and put some of my secret stash of food I keep hidden from my parents into my bag along with some clothes. I run away a lot but I dont plan on coming back for a while I crawled out the window and ran down the sidewalk into New York city. I live right outside the city I know how dangerous it is at night but I know how to avoid people like that I walked to an alleyway and climbed the fire escape to get to the roof because I wanted to look at the stars before I look for a place to sleep for the night when I got to the roof and looked at the stars I could barely see because of the city lights of course I was careful to not be seen because if people see a girl with a bag walking around they would call the police and I didn't want to go back to the house I call hell.

After getting a good ten minutes of stargazing I walked to the fire escape to find a place to sleep. when going down the fire escape I heard a female voice say "What are you doing?" I turned around quickly and saw a women in a yellow jacket with black jeans and a grey shirt she had curly dark brown hair that looked almost black but I dont know because of how dark it is. Her arms are crossed with a raised eyebrow 'Crap im screwed'  "I was just stargazing no big deal" "Where are your parents?" 'Is she trying to be smart with me?' "Look I dont want any trouble I was just leaving anyway" I grabbed my bag and continued to walk to the fire escape "You didn't answer my question" I sighed while saying "There home, Happy?" she just walked up to me and said "You ran away didn't you?" "Why would you think that?" her eyebrow still raised she said "1: Your trying to get away form me I can tell its not because you dont talk to strangers and 2: Why would you be out at this time if you didn't run away?" 'Shit' "Ok you got me but I cant go back there they probably dont care that I ran away anyway I have scares to prove they dont care" I was pulling up my sleeves to show her she stopped me by grabbing my hand and said "You dont have to show me C'mon you can spend the night at my place and we can talk more in the morning" she started to walk to the door on the roof 'Should I go with her what if she calls the cops on me? How do I know I can trust her?' I thought about it for a minute while she gave me a reassuring smile I decided to go with her a followed her to her apartment.

I found out her name was April O'Neil she was a reporter for Channel 6 News and that her roommate recently moved out so she let me sleep in her old roommates room which ill admit is nice but I was still unsure if I could trust her but decided to trust her a little before I can fully trust her I stared at the celling and thought of what would happen the next day and decided to worry about that later. I didn't bother to change out of the cloth's I was wearing and fell asleep wondering what would happen next.