𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝟱

𝗥𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗠𝗲

   It was once again a warm sunny day in New York City

It was once again a warm sunny day in New York City. I was walkin' along side Eugene to the theatre listenin' to him go on about how thrilled he is to have a more important roll in our up and coming performance of Cinderella. If I were him I'd already be thrilled to be on stage.
"And that Brando character is really somethin'. I'm not gon' lie at first I was real unsure about the fella but now I see his talent and he's got a real funny bone too."He nodded with his usual bright smile.
I never told Eugene that Marlon and I went out the otha' night. How could I? Although from the way he's talkin' about Marlon now maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I told him now. I mean there isn't anything to hide I suppose. I did have a real good time with him. Truly, he made me feel alive again. It was as if I was livin' in black and white when suddenly color existed.
I was a bit taken back from what I was thinkin'. After all I've only known this man for about a week. What am I doin'? My mama didn't raise me to act like this.
"Although, he does distracted a lil too much."
"What do ya mean?"I asked out of curiosity.
"Well now I don't wanna start no rumors or nothin' but when Bettys on stage with him for the scene where Cinderella and the prince are supposed to be together it's like he acts a lil different. I can't really put my finger on it."He tapped his strong chin as he kept strollin' down the sidewalk. My eyebrows uncontrollably furrowed together as I looked up to the clear sky and just about anywhere else.
"Does he look at her like he's...in love, or somethin' like that?"I asked afterwards clearing my throat.
"Welp, I guess so!"Eugene said jokingly."But I mean there characters are supposed to be. But I don't really know he acts like that with all women 'round the buildin'."He chuckled not understandin' how I felt in the situation.
I thought about it carefully as I walked through the door Eugene held open for me. I sure as hell wasn't about to be that kinda woman. I realize now that what happened the other night meant nothin'. It was just two coworkers spending sometime together, that's all. I should have understood that in the first place. I can't believe how poorly I been behavin'. My mama should sure slap in the back of my head. Shook my head as I sat my briefcase down back stage and understood the fact it was best if I just avoid that man for a while.
I stayed backstage sittin' on my stood ready for rehearsals as I talked with Eugene, Rich, and Mollie. They begged me as they usually do to sing Dream Lover once again for them but told them I just wasn't in the mood today. Soon enough everyone had to get ready for the scene they left off on yesterday.
"Quite on the set!"I heard Mrs.O'Hare shout loud enough for the whole buildin' to hear.
However there wasn't quite on the set completely. I could over hear small chatter coming from directly behind me on the other side of the wall. I could tell from a mile away it was Betty and Marlon.
"Marlon, as you know the performance in only two weeks away."Betty said with her usual Trans-Atlantic accent.
"Yes, I understand that. I am quite thrilled to perform on real stage for the first time!"He whispered.
"Well we are all very happy to have you here with us. Therefore I just want you to know that if you ever need someone to practice you lines with you can always stop by my place and I can help you."She giggled gracefully."I make the best chocolate chip cookies. At least that's what all my friends say."
"Well, I just might have to take you up on that offer. I am quite the fan of sweets."He couldn't help but chuckle charmingly.
I sighed quietly as I saw my friends on the other side of the stage look at me worryingly. They couldn't come to my aid because the curtain was already up. I just gave them a fake smile and put my hands together over my lap. I can't ignore the fact that they would make a very flatterin' couple. Of course I should have seen this comin'. I sure do feel foolish right about now. I will say this. The worst part about this moment right now is that I can't leave. Normally I would just walk away from a situation like this but I have to sing in just a few minutes so I can't go no where. I just gotta sit here, listen to them, and watch the world go back to black and white.