𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗬𝗢𝗥𝗞 𝗖𝗜𝗧𝗬, 𝗡𝗬 𝟭𝟵𝟱𝟳

"Live from New York City! The 29th Annual Academy Awards!"
"Joining us today are some of our biggest stars in Hollywood today!"
"Welcome everyone! Welcome!"

"To present the best actress starring in a leading role, Mister Rock Hudson!"They announced and soon enough the tall man made his way out to the stage and to the podium. I held Marlons hand tightly with anxiety as I tried to play it off by fixin' my white sequenced dress.
"Welcome everyone. I hope everyone's having a good time tonight. Alright, the nominees for best actress starring in a leading role are:"

𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗭𝗔𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗛 𝗧𝗔𝗬𝗟𝗢𝗥
𝗔𝗨𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗬 𝗛𝗘𝗣𝗕𝗨𝗥𝗡
𝗚𝗘𝗢𝗥𝗚𝗜𝗔 𝗝𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗦

"The winner for best actress starring in a leading role, for the 1957 Academy Awards, wait let me say,"He cleared his throat."The Oscar goes to...Miss Georgia Jones! For her smash hit role in "Carmen Jones"!"
I shot up and hugged Marlon with the tightest hug I had probably ever given. I tried holdin' back my tears so I wouldn't mess up my glamorous make up. Marlon sat his trophies down and stood up with me flashing the biggest smile he'd probably ever given me and jumping and shouting,
"YOU DID IT GEORGIA! YOU DID IT! I KNEW YOU WOULD! I KNEW YOU WERE GONNA BE A STAR!"He kissed me passionately and the audience gasped but laughed afterwards.
"Thank you."I whispered to him.
"Pardon me miss Jones but this trophy is heavy. Mind taking it off my hands." Mr.Hudson joked. The audience lightened up and I made my way up the steps with the help of Marlon.
"I'll take that thank you very much."I smiled playfully and held the golden statue in my arms like a child.
"Congratulations Miss Jones."He nodded and moved aside so I could speak to the audience and cameras.
"Saying thank you isn't enough to express my gratitude to everyone who helped me get up here tonight."I nodded and glanced around."Now I know, there are a lotta people out there tonight that aren't so thrilled to see me here with my will deserved award, but that's alright. Cause I'm the one up here tonight not them. Therefore I would like to give thanks to my mama sitting right there front row."I waved."She gave me love and everything under the sun. I would like to thank Mrs.O'Hare back at Jacquelines for givin' me a chance all those years ago. I wanna thank Eugene, Rich, and Mollie for always being my friends and being there for me always."I whipped my tear."I wanna thank Marlon, the love of my life, for always, always, believing in me. Who never doubted me even when I doubted myself. Lastly, I wanna thank me."I grinned."For working the hardest and never loosing sight of my dreams. Cause believe me when I tell you this. They are never too outta reach."I sighed."So to close this I would like to perform a song. This song I hope relays my message to everyone toning in tonight that I am so very thankful for the all the love I've ever received and that I love you just as much."

"Oh oh oh oh, yeah
Don't know why
But I love, I do, yeah, yeah
'Cause I like the way you love me
Oh, boy, oh, oh
Every time your kissin' me
Thrills me from my head to feet
And I tell myself that deep down inside
There will be no one else for me"

   As I continued to sing I no longer felt my feet touching the stage. With everyone watching it was like I was a real star floating up into the sky. With a sort of golden shine that no one could miss. For three minutes it was like I was floating on air.
   Once I had finished there was the roar of applause. They loved me, they really loved me. I took a bow. I smiled at Marlon. He was right.
   I was a star.
   I always was.
   And I always will be.
   I just have to believe in myself.
   And my dreams will come true.

𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗞 𝗬𝗢𝗨

A/N: I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for stopping by and looking at what I've got. New book out now CRYBABY MAFIA! Thank you so much for reading! 💚