6 | deals & double dates

❝ You'll never know how many dreams I dream about you or how empty they may seem without you

❝ You'll never know how many dreams I dream about you or how empty they may seem without you. ❞ -Anonymous

The bell that signified the end of class rang

The bell that signified the end of class rang. James Potter, who had been dozing off as of the past twenty minutes-like he always did in Astronomy-jolted awake at the noise of students rushing out of the classroom, as if in a hurry to catch the train. He fixed his glasses that had gone slightly askew and got up sluggishly, yawning.

As he took his time to pack up his things, a girl caught his eye. She, too, hadn't exited the classroom in a hurry with the rest of the crowd, but lingered behind to fix her dark ponytail. James recognized her as a Ravenclaw that always sat at the back of the class called Irene Jones. They didn't interact very often, but when they did, it was always to crack jokes or help each other out with their Astronomy charts. James liked her better than he did most people, especially Ravenclaws, who he found to be, for the most part, rather pompous and full of themselves.

There were two things about Irene that James knew for certain: a) she was best friends with Lily Evans, the girl he'd been in love with for as long as he could remember, and b) she herself totally fancied his best friend, Sirius Black (and James had a suspicion that Sirius felt the same, but was too afraid to make a move on her yet. And then he had the nerve to tease James for not having asked Lily out already. The hypocrite.)

With this knowledge at the forefront of his brain, James grabbed his schoolbag and approached the Ravenclaw.

"Oi, Jones!"

Irene, who was about to exit the classroom, stopped and turned around. The left corner of her mouth curved in a mischievous smile, as if she knew what he was about to ask her.

"Yes, James?"

He cleared his throat and walked beside her, so they could leave the classroom together. It wasn't until they started to make their way down the flight of stairs, that he found the voice to talk.

"So, uh . . . you know your friend, Lily?"

"Oh, I don't know. I mean, we've been best friends since year one, and she works with me at my dad's muggle coffee shop every summer. So yeah, I guess you could say I know her."