Chapter 1- The War

Tired, I was so very tired. As I dressed in my nightgown all I could think about was the fact that we were leaving tomorrow. Leaving our home, our mother, our memories. I didn't understand why mother wanted us to go, she says it's for our own good, but how could leaving everything you've ever known be good for you? When I finished dressing I went over to my bed and I grabbed a picture of my family, including father, before he left for the war. I hoped he was ok with all my heart.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, it was Ed. "Can I come in?" He asked impatiently. "Of coarse you can come in, it's your room too remember?" He opened the door and walked over to his bed. I gave him a little smile. Peter followed close after.

I shared a room with my brothers because they were the only 2 who really knew when something was wrong. I have a heart defect that can be fatal if I'm not careful. One time, while I was asleep my heart slowed down so much that I was in a coma for a week!
Peter asked if I was alright. He always does that. I responded with a slight nod a laid down on my bed still looking at the picture, Peter and Ed came and sat down with me. We spoke for a little while about the journey. I spoke to them saying how nervous I was and that I didn't wish to leave mother.

They comforted me for a while before I heard the distant drone of planes. "Be quiet!" I whisper-yelled at the boys. They did as I told them and shortly they heard it too. I leaped out of bed and ran to Lucy's room. She was laying there, covering her ears and crying. "Lucy come on!" I yelled. She got out of bed and took my hand and I lead her to the shelter. Edmund, Peter, Susan and Mother were already there waiting for us at the door. As we entered the shelter Ed yelled "wait dad!"

I grabbed onto Edmund's arm, trying to stop him from leaving the shelter, but he broke free from my grip. "I'll get him!" I yelled and started sprinting after my twin. Edmund ran to our room and grabbed a picture of our Dad from his bedside table. I heard a bomb coming outside so I grabbed him by the arm and covered him. There was an explosion outside and the window beside us smashed.

Glass flew everywhere. A big shard got stuck in my arm and another in my leg. I didn't care, all I cared about was Edmund being safe. I couldn't lose my twin. I grabbed him by his vest and pulled him down the stairs, out the door and into the shelter.
When we reached the shelter Edmund fell with a thud, landing on the floor bed. "Are you alright Ed?" I said out of breathe. He replied with a silent nod.
Mother started comforting him, not realising my injuries.

Peter was out of his mind telling Edmund off when Lucy stopped him by saying "Oh my, Lily your arm!" Everybody stared at my arm and saw what Lucy was so distraught about. A big shard of glass stuck out from my upper arm, blood trickling from it. Mother got up and grabbed the first aid kit and sat me on the bed. All she said was "this will hurt more if you flinch" and with that everyone closed there eyes ur looked away as I experienced the agony of that glass shard being removed from my arm, I was trying my best not to flinch as mother had instructed.

The rest of the night my wounds hurt like crazy but there was nothing I could do except lie down in pain and think about the journey tomorrow. The journey that meant leaving everything I ever knew, I just had to lay and ponder...

A/N This is my first time writing something like this. Please leave any feedback. If you what yourself to be in the story I can add the character Y/N as a love interest or change Lily to Y/N instead. If you don't like the story please tell me. If you have any ideas let me know. I'm also into Maze Runner, Marvel, Stranger Things, It, The Queens Gambit and Once Upon A Time so if you want any stories of those not be shy to tell me. Also sorry this first part is short, I'm trying my best.