Chapter 42

I don't know why I chose it, but I'm here knocking on the door of Eleanor's apartment. When I left, I had no idea where I was going to go, and now I've just ended up here. I haven't even called and asked if I could come over, and Eleanor was thinking about going back home to spend time with her family in London anyway, so I have no idea if she has a flight to catch or other things to do.

The door swings open to reveal a Niall Horan behind it. The further it opens, I see Louis in there too, but there's no Eleanor in sight. Both the boys look just as tired as Harry. I've only just stopped crying and I look like a mess and I don't even know why I'm here.

'Soph! Come join us. Eleanor is out getting lunch.' Niall smiles, beckoning me to walk through the door. At the mention of my name, Louis turns around with a grin. I came here for Eleanor, and now I'm going to have a fake a smile for two of Harry's best friends.

'How was Paris?' Louis asks, coming over to give me a hug. He's a lot shorter than Harry, something he dislikes very much, but his hug is friendly and comforting. 'Eleanor was raving about the show. She gets a real kick from talking about it.' He laughs, pulling away. It's strange that even in their matched exhaustion, they're both able to smile and laugh while all Harry manages to do is kiss other women.

'It was..great. I had a really good time.' I manage to smile, concerned my voice is giving away all the emotion I've been hiding. My head is still pounding and I still haven't drunk or eaten anything, and my words are coming out in croaks.

'I don't mean to ruin your moment, but I've got to ask.' Niall says, gesturing between Louis and I, sounding humoured but slightly concerned from his spot by the door. 'Uh..we got the day off and sent home from the studio today because Harry said he wasn't coming in. I don't know why they didn't just make us all stay anyway but..uh..is he alright?' Niall asks. I only realise when Niall says it, that Harry didn't go into the studio today because he spent the morning on the floor of my kitchen crying with me. I'm beyond surprised at this revelation, as well as the fact that he wasn't forced to go in and they all got the day off.

'Yeah..he's..he's fine.' I lie, and my voice cracks at the end. The mere mention of Harry hurts, and I don't know what I planned to get out of this visit, regardless of who I planned would be behind the door. I don't know if Harry's fine after seeing the state I left him in, but he has her so he'll be okay. Louis beckons me over to the couch, and my legs take me there without thinking.

'Are you okay, love? You look a bit..uh, rough. Is H alright?' Louis asks, placing a comforting arm around my waist. I'm not sure whether I should expose it all, or lie and keep it between Harry and I. I imagine the photo is all over the internet by now, so if they haven't already seen it, I'm sure they will soon.

'We love you Soph, put it all on the table. Something isn't right with you.' Niall says gently, obviously picking up on the strain in my voice and the look on my face. His voice is laced with genuine concern, and he sits down on the other side of me. I don't want to be that girl who goes and shits on her ex boyfriend to his friends, but they're my friends too.

'He cheated.' I meekly admit with a deep breath. I reach up to touch the bee around my neck, and it's the only movement in sight because I swear the room stills the second I open my mouth.

'You're fucking kidding. No fucking way.' Louis sighs. I can tell he's angry by the tone in his voice, but I don't know whether I like it, or hate that he's so angry towards one of his best friends because of something personal that I shared.

'How do you know?' Niall gapes, clearly the only one thinking logically here. Louis turns my body and pulls me into a hug when he sees my eyes glossing over.