Chapter 50

'Wake up.' Harry murmurs gently, running his hands through my hair.

'Mm.' I grumble, rolling over and burying my head in his neck.

'Good morning to you too.' He laughs, as though the pounding in my head is anything close to a good morning, kissing my cheek. That's when I hear a rapid knocking on my bedroom door. It's Kelli-Anne.

'You can come in.' Harry shouts, wrapping both his arms around my waist and pulling me closer into his chest. I only half remember the events of last night, and if my pounding headache is anything to go off of, I'm not sure if I want to remember.

'Good morning.' My mom chirps, as I assume she walks through the door. 'It's a bit of a love den in here.'

I keep my head buried in Harry's neck, until I hear a jangling collar and feel a dog jumping onto the bed. That would be Maggie. So, I force myself to look up, only to find Kelli Anne standing in the middle of my room, with..is that Harry's t-shirt in her hand? The curtains are still open, and there's sun streaming through, doing nothing to help my headache. Maggie is bounding her way up to my face, so I reach out to pat her to keep her from licking my face.

'Good morning, Kelli-Anne.' Harry replies, sounding just as chirpy as her. What the hell.

'How was your little evening rendezvous? Any paparazzi, photos, cameras? Should I expect camera crews at the front of our house?' She asks, almost hopefully.

'No, you shouldn't.' I state, sounding rather moody, eyes focused on Maggie. A hungover Sophie is not a friendly Sophie.

'We had a good time.' Harry laughs, ignoring my flat response.

'Well, that's great.' She smiles, spotting a banana on my bedside table. How did that get there?

'This room smells like a banana. I hope you two know that.' She says, appearing to sniff the air. 'I'm going into work today, in an hour, but I would love it if you two came in with me. Would you do that for your old mother? The kids would love to meet you, and I haven't even told them about my daughter and her boyfriend, Harry Styles!' She grins, sounding far too excited. My mom works at Mount Sinai Kravis Children's hospital, right near Central Park in Manhattan, and has worked there for as long as I can remember.

Given that I'm quite obviously hung over, leaving this bed doesn't sound particularly appealing, but I want to meet these children. Back when I was little and I would go into my mom's work, I would make friends with all her patients, all young like me, and I like the idea of going back after so long.

'What do you think?' Harry asks me quietly, looking down at my face. I can tell by the way he's speaking that he wants to go.

'I would love to.' I nod, looking up to meet his eyes and nosing at his jawline.

'Well then that's settled! You have an hour, and I will make sure that you don't get swarmed..or mobbed. Whatever they call it. Fiona and Kylie are going to be thrilled!' My mom grins. 'Oh..and this is your shirt Harry. It's washed and dried now. I found it on the floor in the kitchen.' She says, extending her hand out with the folded white t-shirt. How did it end up in the kitchen?

Harry just clears his throat, making no effort to move to get it. That's when I realise that unless he wants my mom to see his naked body, then he's not going to be able to get up. And I'm not going to be able to get it on his behalf, for the same reason.

'Thank you.' He smiles. 'Could you just uh..leave it..over there?' He asks, pointing to the dresser beside my desk.

'If that's what you'd like.' Kelli-Anne replies, looking almost confused. As she walks over to my dresser, her eyes go wide at something on my desk. Oh god.