Crash and Burn

I was near the edge of town sitting near the water trying to calm myself down. These are the waters that washed away Finn's ashes, I wish these waters could carry me to him right about now. I have always defended the Mikaelson's, I have never sided against them; I NEVER gave them one reason to doubt me, Nor my abilities.

For Freya to turn on me was completely uncalled for, she isn't the only one capable of protecting the Mikaelson's I have been doing a good job of it for some time now. Ever since she has came back into their lives she has been nothing but drama. This all started back when she messed with my mind, I thought she was my friend. Hell, I thought she was family. I should have known better. 

Ripping off the necklace around my neck that Freya gave me I siphoned all the magic from within the necklace before tossing it into the river. As I sat there watching the necklace sink down to the bottom I noticed a butterfly fluttering over.

Noticing the butterfly was extremely close I reached out my hand, and as if it was attracted to me like a magnet the bug landed on my finger. "Are you lost too?" I questioned the butterfly when suddenly the bug started to glow a bright blue.

"Woah.." I mumbled looking closer, there is no way this butterfly is glowing... my mind has to be playing tricks on me. Taking a closer look I noticed the butterfly seemed to surge with magical energy, flashing its bright wings I started to slowly siphon some of the magic from the Butterfly. 

Whatever magic this strange bug has was unlike any other I have ever experienced before. The more I took the more I wanted, uncontrollably I began to take more and more of this tiny butterfly's magic. My own eyes began to glow a dim baby blue as the power started to flow within my body, when the butterfly quickly flew away breaking my link to the tiny creature.

Closing my eyes I smiled to myself, I think I really have my mind... Hearing footsteps approaching I looked over seeing Marcel, honestly one of the last people I would have thought to come find me. "Hey, I am sorry I snapped at you earlier." Marcel said as he sat down beside me. 

"Its okay... You were right. They don't see us as family, Davina was my family and they took her away from me. From all of us, I have lost so many people... Thinking back on it now most of those people died because of the Mikaelson's." My heart dropped to my stomach as those words came out of my mouth. I never thought this day would come, when I turn my back on those who turned me. The ones who practically gave me the life I have now, without them I would be... absolutely nothing. "I only have myself to blame for trusting them over and over again. Its my fault Marcel, I should have been there for Davina. Killing Lucien was not worth loosing the fire that burned inside Davina. I promised I would protect her... but I couldn't even save her." 

Marcel shook his head. "You can't always save everybody Cleo. Its not always on you." he said. 

"Apparently I can't save anyone." I started down at the water. 

Marcel furrowed his eyebrows. "Well you have saved me more than I can even count, listen to me. I know your hurting right now and I'm right here with you okay, Davina would want me to be here for you. She always hated us fighting." Marcel stood up.

"That is because she thought that when the Three of us are together we were stronger than anything." I frowned. 

Marcel shrugged. "Well I mean she wasn't wrong... But think about it Cleo, You and me built a whole empire before she was even born. We can do anything we put our damn minds too, so why can't we find a way to bring her back? I mean come on girl you should know better than anyone, the dead doesn't stay dead forever right?" Marcel stared down at me. 

"R-Right. There has to be something, I'm the fucking supreme." I stood up letting out a chuckle. "Thank you Marcel. For a second there.. I almost gave up." I confessed.