Broken

Days has passed and the hostess's proposition has been set. Her(hostess) men had ventured to Y/n's hometown to gain information about the kids' wellbeing.

Despite that, Y/n couldn't help but worry. Those two are the only light she had in this impure world. If she had lost them. . . She wouldn't know what she'd do in her life.

"Oh please, calm down. She sent her men already, didn't she? What's there to be afraid of?" Aika remarked as she drank the tea Y/n poured for her.

Y/n forced herself not to bite on her precious fingernails in worry. "But they are men! My sister is there. . . And I don't think Taro would be able to protect her if they decided to do something bad. . ." She mumbled worriedly, pacing around the room.

The other girl sighed and pulled Y/n down. "Sit down and calm down. Geez" she huffed, rubbing her temples. "You're an oiran, you need to be careful when showing weaknesses" she tells the oiran.

"You know how of a snake our oirans are" Aika added before pouring tea in her cup again.

"Sorry Sister, I just can't help but worry. They're my treasure" Y/n whimpered as she buried her face in her hands.

"Yes yes, I know that already" Aika remarked, rolling her eyes. "You've been saying that ever since we first met"

"That's only because it's true!" Y/n pouted, her brows furrowing.

"Oh really? I thought girls only go here because the parent left us with debt" Aika says as she sat beside Y/n. On their table was a tray of food that their customers had given them. It was payment for their service.

Y/n glanced at the female. "Well. . . They're my most precious treasures in my life" she smiled fondly, warmth spreading in her as she thought of her sibling's faces. "They're my light"

Aika sighed. "Ok ok, just don't get too careless or selfless. You never know what the future holds" she remarked as she placed her cup down, her eyes piercing through Y/n's soul.

A small laugh escapes her lips. "Don't worry, I can handle this.

******************

"W-what. . ." Y/n muttered in disbelief. Her complexion was paling as she stared at the letter on her hands.

She crumples the paper and turns to one of her kamuro. "When was this sent?!" She exclaims, her brows furrowed as anger blazed in her heart.

Chia clenched her hands under her sleeve, she had not seen Y/n looked so angry before. Even when she was angry the oiran would only cry due to her emotions piling up. "L-last night, Y/n-oiran" she stutters, her eyes casted down.

"A m-messenger from the hostess's men came when you were asleep. He tried to wake you but we prevented him, we thought it was just a trivial matter- "

"W-we were at the wrong! Please forgive us!" Chin cuts Kora off by kowtowing beside her, her body trembling. "W-we knew that you anticipated for the news but we couldn't wake you because of Y/n-oiran's job!" She adds, trembling to her bones.

Kora wouldn't dare glance at her sister or Y/n. Her body was ice-cold, she couldn't move a muscle. Out of fear of making the situation worse.

Y/n squints her eyes at the two, it's true that she was mad that they didn't wake her up. The job of an oiran has the top priority on making her face look young as ever, it was warming that they considered that and let her rest.

Sighing, she rubbed her temples and turned away. "Get out"

"Y-yes, Y/n-oiran" they stammered before scurrying out with their tails in-between their legs.

As the door slides to a close, the oiran slide a down her wall and pulls her knees close to her chest. Tears brim her eyes as she choked on a sob. Her soft hands clenched her chest tightly as her heart filled with pain

"W-why must t-this b-b-be their destiny? T-they're just children. . . Why?!" Y/n screamed, her hands now covering her face as she poured out her tears. The crumpled paper falls to the floor, now damp with her salty tears.

"I've always d-did anything for t-them! Never taking myself in account, I've never did something wrong! Even if I d-did I-I-I'd pray and beg for f-forgiveness!" She screams before pushing the tea pots and ceramics off her table in a fit of anger. "Was that not ENOUGH?!"

Y/n sobs and falls to her knees and covers her face as she cried. Her sobs filling the room, gaining the pity of her two kamuros.

(*(*)*)

Dear Y/n-oiran,

My men had sent me a letter, containing the news of your family back in your hometown, I received it just today and I wanted to immediately write you a letter to clear your worries. But I suppose you'd be heartbroken to read on what I'm about to write.

Unfortunately, when my men arrived at your hometown and asked for your family's situation. They were quickly notified of their death just a day before my men arrived.

No one had a clue on where the bodies were, but it is said that the youngest had been burnt alive while the oldest died due to blood loss, saying that he tried to protect the sister but failed to do so.

No one had seen the bodies, no one would look for their bodies as they know they maybe had already died in the mountains.

All that my men got was that the samurai who had killed your family has been found dead at the exact moment my men was about to leave.

(*(*)*)