01

01

Harry Potter sat at the dining table of his shared flat, which resided just outside of Hogsmeade. Ginny and Ron, his flat-mates, were both at the Burrow for the morning, before they would head off to their job as a Professional Quidditch Player and Ministry Employee, respectively

So alone Harry sat, drinking a black coffee, which tasted horrid, but they had run out of sugar the day prior. Harry forced down the rest of his coffee with a grimace before placing his cup in the sink and grabbing his trunk. At only twenty years old, Harry Potter was the youngest Hogwarts professor, only beating out Neville Longbottom, his colleague and longtime friend by one day.

Harry threw on his cloak before leaving for his second home. Ginny had baked cookies the night prior (hence the lack of sugar) and had left one in the inside pocket of his robes with a note.

Good luck! We'll see you on the first Hogsmeade weekend!

Harry smiled and tucked the note back in to his pocket as he walked towards the Three Broomsticks, where he promised he would meet Neville before the day started.

With the exception of Neville, the Three Broomsticks was empty. Madame Rosmerta sat behind the bar reading the Daily Prophet, and jumped as Harry entered.

"Hello, Rosmerta, how are you?" Harry asked with a smile.

"Oh, dear, I'm fine. Are you ready for school? It's your second year teaching, right?"

"That's right. First Defence teacher to have the job for over one schoolyear in the past fifty years. I hope it stays that way."

"So do I, dear. I think Neville's been waiting for you. Is there anything I can get you?"

"No, thank you, Rosmerta."

"Alright, dear. Let me know if you change your mind. There won't be anyone else in here for a while."

Harry thanked Rosmerta and made his way towards Neville's booth. "Hello, Nev," he said as he sat down.

"Hi, Harry!" Neville grinned. "Did you eat already? Gran told me to give you these." Neville handed Harry a container of freshly baked muffins. "Her neighbour gave them to her this morning and Gran and I thought that you might like some as a back to school treat."

Harry opened the container and smoke came out, rolling off the cranberry muffins as if they had just come out of the oven. "Thank you! They look wonderful," Harry said as he lifted one out of the container and set it down on a napkin as he closed the container. "So what did you want to meet about?" Harry asked before biting into the muffin.

"Well, there's a new Potions teacher, I thought you should know..." Neville started.

"Oh really? Who? I didn't know Slughorn was retiring," Harry said through a mouthful of muffin.