03

03

"And then he fell down and took the entire stack of papers with him!" The group of friends laughed as Neville told yet a story about his boyfriend's clumsiness.

Harry leaned over to Blaise "How is it that he's becoming a healer again?" he mumbled, much to the delight of Blaise.

"Beats me," Blaise grinned. "I hope he doesn't trip over one of his patients." Blaise's teeth shined brighter than pearls as he let out a low chuckle, despite having been sipping on red wine for the past hour, and Harry felt himself involuntarily swooning.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Draco watching their interaction with a suspicious look.

"I mean I love the bloke, I hope he does well, but... well, he's quite clumsy, and very forgetful. I just hope that he doesn't forget to give a patient their medicine."

Harry smiled grimly. "I bet once he's on the scene, his instincts will kick in. I'm sure he'll do fine."

"Well I sure hope so, he's been dreaming about this opportunity since fourth year. To lose it now would crush him."

Their conversation was interrupted by Ginny, who was way drunker than she should have been on a week night. "Hey Harry," she said from the other side of Harry. "Harry..."

Harry and Blaise turned to Ginny. "Yes Ginny?" Harry asked before taking a sip of his Gillywater.

"Harry, tell Malfoy to stop staring at you like he wants to rip your clothes off-- HEY DRACO! STOP EYE FU--"

Harry spit out his drink as he covered Ginny's mouth with his hand. The entire table fell silent, and he and Draco quickly met eyes before turning their now-crimson faces away from each other. Luna stood up and held her girlfriend by the shoulders. "Come on, Gin, I think you've had too much to drink." Luna helped Ginny stand up and guided her towards the bathroom.

As they walked away, the table stayed silent long enough to hear Ginny say: "Are you going to shag me in there?"

"No, dear, we're just going to sober you up. Come on, take my arm."

"Well it wouldn't be a celebration if someone didn't get absolutely pissed and embarrass themselves," Theo said once they were out of earshot, and everyone in Harry's range of spit had dried themselves off. The awkward silence subsided, and the group all burst into a fit of laughter.

"The last person I expected to get sloshed was Ginny Weasley," Blaise said to Harry.

"Oh no, you didn't see her in our Hogwarts days. She would get so pissed, I think she actually pissed herself once. Hermione had to help her out of her wet clothes," Harry laughed.

Blaise leaned in close to Harry's ear. "I wouldn't mind seeing you in--or rather out-- of wet clothes, Potter," he murmured.

Harry gulped and turned to face Blaise. His face was full of something-- lust? Harry smiled sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I-- er--" He looked over at Draco, who was deep in conversation with Hermione and Pansy. "I admit, it would definitely be fun to get in bed with you, Blaise, but I'm kind of--"