Outline

Thoughts/ things to add

- DRACO WEARING HARRY'S RING THAT HE GAVE HIM LIKE A YEAR AGO FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE THEY BECAME FRIENDLY AGAIN AND HARRY NOTICING AND BEING LIKE "u still have it 🥺👉👈" AND DRACO BEING LIKE "of course,,, it's my favourite" BECAUSE 🥺🥺🥺

- Also "I fucking hate you, Potter," Draco said as he pushed Harry against the wall, pressing his body against his. Draco kissed Harry's lips roughly. "I fucking hate you with every fibre of my being," he repeated, glaring into Harry's eyes before turning around and marching away, leaving Harry dumbstruck in the dark, empty corridor. (FLASHBACK)

"Harry, of course I forgive you! I forgave you a long time ago! The one who should need forgiveness is me! I walked out— I just left, no explanation as to why, no trying to talk to you beforehand. Just left while you were at work in place that you hated, nonetheless. I cleared your flat and left! I left the country for two years, thinking that the farther I was from you, the less it would hurt, the less it would scar. How wrong I was, eh? I left for two years and came back more heartbroken than when I left. And then I saw you that first morning of September and I knew that I wasn't over you, that I could never be over you. You are my first love--my ONLY love, and of course, i want to be with you, but I just don't think either of us are in a place mentally that we could be together and not hate ourselves or each other. We need time to heal. Time to forgive ourselves. We can try again in the future. I'll always be waiting for you, Harry, because you own my heart. I'm just the person who keeps trying to give it away."

"Have you got a pair of scissors? I've got a loose thread and don't fancy using a severing charm on such expensive robes."

"Yeah, I think there's some in the drawer next to the sink," Harry called from his bedroom as he pulled on a jumper. He heard Draco rummaging through the drawers for a moment before silence fell, and he heard a shaky, almost inaudible gasp. He emerged from his bedroom and found Draco standing perfectly still, staring at a small butterfly magnet-- the very same one that had attached his letter of abandonment to their fridge all those years ago.

"Harry," Draco said, tears welling in his eyes, "I am so, so sorry. I shouldn't have... I should've just talked to you."

Harry sighed and walked towards Draco, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Draco, it's fine. It was years ago. I'm honestly surprised that you didn't leave sooner, the way I kept you a secret."

"But-- I wasn't angry because you kept me a secret. I was scared-- I found the ring."

Harry pulled his hand away from Draco's shoulder and stared at him in confusion. "What ring?"

"The ring in your jacket. I found it while I was organizing -- it was an engagement ring, wasn't it? I recognized it from the shop in Diagon Alley."

"What? You mean the ring that Neville had asked me to hide so Theo would be surprised when he proposed? That ring?"

"Do you mean to tell me that I ran away over a ring that wasn't meant for me?" Draco placed his face into his palms.

"I wasn't going to propose then, but I had thought about it-- would you have run away if I had actually proposed?"

"I-- I don't know. Barely anyone knew that we were together, and we were still figuring our lives out..."

"Oh..." Harry said, turning away from Draco.

"But I wouldn't run away now."