𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1~ 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚔𝚎

It had been almost 6 years since the day that Aang defeated Firelord Ozai and the Fire Nations rein of terror was over. Of course, people still rebelled, Ba Sing Se was in chaos, and the world still needed the Avatar as its hero. Although Aang was tired and restless from every morning to every night, he still managed to spend time with family. Especially Katara. Their relationship was, how do you say, complicated. Every since that day they kissed after Ozai was defeated, they never really knew where they stood. That is, until, one night.....

One night, when the moon was full and every star in the sky glistened over the entire city. Katara had tried to sleep, over and over again but, it was no use. She was driving her self crazy.
"Ughhh....what am I doing...." At that moment, something has caught her eye. Outside of her window, she saw the lake not to far, sparkling in the moonlight. "Well, if I can't sleep, might as well get some practice done. I mean it couldn't hurt." She had gotten out of her bed quietly heading for the door of her room. She tip toed down the hallway making sure no one would wake up, but of course, she was not the only one having trouble sleeping. To, the air bender was having a rough night. "Mmm....hmmm.....NO" Startled, Aang woke up, sat straight up, uncontrollably breathing. Soon enough he had started inhaling and exhaling normally to control himself. He then heard out of nowhere the door close. Huh, he thought to himself. Trusting his instincts, his followed outside of his room, to the front door, and outside, which was very chilly, hoping that it was not a trap for someone to waiting to attack. *splash* He turned his head to the direction of the noise and followed. He tip toed as quietly as he could, making sure they could not here him. As he walked closer, to where was now a lake, to his surprise he saw Katara.
He watched as she delicately moved around, her subtle movements, bending the water carefully and smoothly. But as soon as she tried a very difficult move, where she could make a whole tunnel of water spin around her, she failed at her attempt, and every one after that.
Aang felt as if he was intruding he privacy, but he couldn't help but think, maybe I could try and help her. I mean, she has done the move before but she's having trouble. It would be rude of me to just watch her struggle. And so, the air bender had calmly and quietly, walked towards the graceful girl he had loved for years. All he could focus on was her. He lovely body, with curves so pleasant and her wrap and little skirt she used to be in the lake. Her hair that swayed as she bended. He leaped into the air so that as soon as he landed in the water, she wouldn't hear him. As he landed carefully and quietly, he noticed how her position was a decided that would be his first help. He put one hand on her waist and one on the top of her hand. She had gasped as she felt the touch of someone, but if only she hadn't seen the the blue tattoo on his hand, she would've gone into fight-or-flight mode. She had felt his warm tingles spread all throughout her body, and as much as she hated to admit it, she loved it. She closed her eyes, inhaled, exhaled, and let Aand do the rest. He could tell that she was slightly uncomfortable but also very calm. He was very happy about that because the last thing he wanted to do was let her go. It was the last thing she wanted as well. As the perfect pair moved in sync, two ropes of water in tangled and twirled around them. Finally, she had done it, they had done it.
He turned he around so that they could face each other. Soon he was staring into her big, ocean blue, sapphire eyes and she was staring into his sparkling, grey, cloudy eyes. The water had dropped and all you could here was their heartbeats. Aang immediately looked down to see their hands still intertwined. Katara looked down and blushed in embarrassment. They had let go and just stared at the ground for a couple minutes until one of them spoke up.
"Have trouble sleeping to huh?" Katara said and chuckled.
"Oh, yeah." Aang responded and looked up.
"Nightmares?"
"No, just couldn't stand the cold. Made me uncomfortable."
"Weren't raised in with south tribe?" He asked with a confused face on.
She laughed. "Well, yeah but it's been so long. I get use to the warm."
"Oh." He smiled and blushed slightly from the embarrassment.
"But it's just as cold out here, I mean, why practice when your just in the cold again?"
"I just couldn't do anything else," She responded, " it was the first thing that came to mind." The just stood their for a moment, staring at each other until once again, Katara broke the silence. "Well, um, you said you had a nightmare? Wanna talk about it?" Aangs eyes had slightly widened but wasn't as noticeable.
"Um, it wasn't that serious." He lied. And Katara could tell. "Aang your my best friend, I can tell when you're lying." Katara said as she crossed her arms. He sighed. He knew that but really didn't want to tell her what it was about. On the day when Aang defeated Ozai, he dreamt that right before he get into the Avatar state, Katara appeared out of nowhere and was helpless. Ozai had- he didn't even want to think of it again. All he could feel was the pain of her being go-
"AANG!" He jumped back from her voice. He had been zoned out the entire time.
"Oh sorry, w-what?" Katara sighed.
"Your nightmare...."
"Oh yeah, right, well, I'm actually fine. There's nothing wrong. Truthfully." That last part he stated more firmly. Katara still wasn't fully convinced but she let it slide.
"So, if you want, I could be a nice bending partner?" Aang asked, practically begging.
"Actually Aang, that would be

nice."

Authors Note: Well this is only the first part so don't worry, it'll get more interesting. ❤️