𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 2~ 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚜/𝚋𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚢

Hours have passed and the sun stared to rise. Aang and Katara had been practicing all night, with barely any breaks. After this night, Aang thought, I'm sure there has to be something between us now. "Hey, I think we should start going inside. Maybe eat something." Katara said, pulling him out of his thoughts. "Um, yeah, probably best...." As they started heading inside, the noticed to people already up and early. Already in, the two heads turn to their direction.
"Um, where you two last night?" Her brother, Sokka had asked.
"Yeah? Did something finally happen between you and twinkletoes?" Toph said, trying to hold back her smirk and laugh. The two looked down and blushed, while Sokka just started at Toph with a worried expression. "PLEASE tell me she's not correct!!!" He asked even more worried. Katara rolled her eyes, looking up. "NO SOKKA! We both just couldn't sleep, so we decided that we would practice our water bending. No. Big. Deal." She stated firmly.
"Oh, wooh!" Sokka sighed with a sign of relief, wiping the sweat of his forehead.
"Um, I'm just gonna go to my room-" Aang had finally spoken, but before anyone could stop him, he was already in the hallway. "Yeah my too, I'm just gonna lay down for a little." Katara had said making her way to her room.
"We at least nothing REAL happened." Sokka smiled looking at Toph. "Damn it." She mumbled. "HEY, I HEARD THAT!"

Eventually they both came out of their rooms, but judging by their postures and behavior, they had both let what happened effect them.
"Woah sugar queen, why so tense." Toph asked her while walking to Iroh tea shop. They decided to have a girls day and the boys decided to have one of there own. "I don't know what you're talking about." She lied. She knew exactly why she was so tense. She couldn't get over what happened. Even thought is was such a little moment, it felt like so much. "You know I can feel when you're lying, right?" Toph chuckled. Katara tried to quickly change the subject but they were already at Irohs shop.
It was full of people. After Ozai, he decided to open it, it was always his dream to have a little shop but never could. "Hello ladies, what brings you here today?" The nice old man said. "Hi Iroh, I see you've been busy." Katara responded looking around the shop. "Ah, yes. I seems I am not the only one in Ba Sing Se who loves some of my calming jasmine tea."
"Yeah well never mind that- got some food. Meat preferably." Toph said with a wide smile.
"Toph-" Katara responded with surprise before being interrupted by a voice. "Well looks like you haven't changed a bit." The familiar voice said, now reveling his face. "Zuko!" Katara gasped and went to go in for a hug. "How's everything been?" She asked pulling away. "Wonderful, actually. Especially with Mai and I." He said with great pleasure. "So how's the royal life, you know with the crowns and gallas?" Toph had asked. "Actually that's what I came here to talk about. I'm hosting one at the palace in honor of the day we deforested Ozai. And I want the Gaang to be there, all of you." " As like your guests of honor?" Katara asked.
"Of course."
"Well then, well be honored, being your guest of honor." She replied with a smile. They just hung out for the rest of the day, a little time at the shop, but my the lake feeding the turtle ducks, and a peaceful day at the spa.

But with the boys day,

"Come on Sokka, it's not that hard." Aang and Sokka had no idea what they were going to do today. But since no one had an idea so far, Aang spoke up, and they decided to play,
Pai Sho.

"No, nope. I give up. Let's do something else." Sokka grunted in confusion crossing his arms. He just sat there thinking of a million better things they could be doing. "Sokka it's easy, what you have to do is-" Aang was cut off.
"I have an idea!" Sokka jumped into the air and ran towards the house. "Oh, NOW you have a better idea." Aang got up and started moving towards his direction. When he got out, he had a sword in each of his hands. "You may be the Avatar, but I'm boomerang guy." He threw the sword, then Aang easily catching it. "Um Sokka, these aren't boomerangs. They're swords." He said in a confused tone.
"That's not the poi- *sighs* what I'm trying to say is that sometime it's nice to rely on something other that your bending."
"I don't rely on my benign that much...."
Sokka returned him with a "seriously?" expression on his face.
"Fine."
"Bow."
They both bowed toward each other and got into they're ready positions.
"Ready?"
Aang nodded.
"Go!"
And then it started. Sokka thought he could've easily won but to his surprise, Aang actually had the upper hand. So he decided to distract him. "So, did nothing really go on between you and Katara?" He said almost out of breath.
"No." He stated firmly.
"I mean, are you sure-"
"Sokka, this is your sister, are you sure you want to be talking about this?"
"It's because she's my sister that I want to talk about this. You guys have been at it, back and forth with each other for 6 years and nothings happened. So what did now?"
"Like I said nothing."
"Aang...." He responded, sounding impatient.
Suddenly he stopped. Leaving Sokka confused.
"So you really want to know?" Sokka nodded now realizing this was no longer a distraction...
"Sokka I've loved Katara for YEARS. You know that, Toph knows that, even Suki. But I don't think she knows that and even if she did, I don't think she loves me back. So there you go." Sokka just stood there, shocked. His best friend is in love with his sister and deep in his heart he knows that she loves him too but it too stubborn to admit it. He should be furious about this but he isn't. In fact, he's relieved such a good guy is going to be with his sister soon enou-
"Um, Sokka?" Aang said swiping his hand trying to get his attention. He realized he has been zoned out and finally back to normal.
"Oh um, yeah?" He responded.
"Aren't you gonna judge me at all on what I just said to you or...?"
"Oh yeah. Aang honestly, I have no problem with it. I mean your the Avatar got goodness sake. And my best friend not to mention. It would be great for Katara to finally have a loving and healthy relationship. I approve." Sokka responded putting a hand on Aangs shoulder. "Thanks Sokka, means a lot."
"No problem buddy, now come on. Just because I approve of you with my sitster doesn't mean I don't want to beat you in a sword battle." Aang chucked. Then again, they started sparring. But soon enough that that moment, the girls came to appear. For a moment, Katara just stood there looking at Aang, specifically a shirtless Aang. She had forgotten for a while that he was not longer a skinny-short-adorable- 12 year old. Instead he now has muscles on his tattooed arms, flexing with every movement he made, he was definitely a lot taller then her now, and still adorable, yet his face was no longer round but a lot more defined and chiseled. Not to mention he was 19 years old now. It shocked her for a moment until someone shocked her out of it. "Uh Katara...?" Toph poked her endlessly until she responded. "Oh yeah, sorry, what was it?" Katara respondents hoping she wouldn't bring up her-
"You were staring." She said with a smirk.
She scoffed. "I was not. I was, um, observing."
"Yeah right." She chuckled. Katara looked down, blushing in embarrassment.
"Hey guys, what's up?" Her brother yelled coming up to them. Along with, Aang. Him and Katara just stared for a moment. "Uh, Katara."
Sokka said breaking her out of her trance.
"Oh yeah. You guys should probably start getting ready for tomorrow." She responded.
"What's happening tomorrow?" Aang asked in confusion.
"We have a Galla to attend."

~authors note~
I hope u guys liked this chapter. Nothing has really happened yet but I promise that the next chapter something big will happen. Ty