𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4~ 𝚑𝚊𝚔𝚘𝚍𝚊

It was the day after of the big kiss. After, they had left the Galla and went straight to bed from exhaustion. Toph and Sokka had basically ate the whole buffet. Aang and Katara had gave each other a good nights kiss and laid in bed peacefully, not knowing what was going to come next. But whatever it was, they were prepared for it.

~ Morning~

Katara had woke up to a bright sun slipping through her windows. She yawned.
"I love you too Aang."
That memory was engraved in her mind. She was so happy that she and him, both, had finally admitted it after all these years. Getting out of bed, she heard a couple foot steps coming closer and closer to her room. She walked to her doors and slid them open, to see a half-asleep Aang hovering over her.

"Morning" She said to him, smiling.

"Morning" He responded, with an equal expression.

"Is there any reason why you are hovering over my door?"

"I can't see my beautiful girl in the morning?"
He replied with a smirk.

"Your girl?" Katara asked, even though already knowing the answer.

"Mhm."

"Well then, good. I should be your one and only."

Taking a step forward attempting to peck Aangs lips, they heard a door open and immediately step backwards. Toph had started walking out with a hand on her stomach.

"Toph, are you ok?" Katara asked her.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. It's just I maybe should've held back on that buffet yesterday." Toph responded.

"Me too." A voice from behind joined in. It was Sokka who too had a hand on his stomach that was grumbling as if it were to erupt.

"And it's both of your fault," He said towards Aang and Katara, "You should've warned us about eating to much. I can feel the sea prunes just swishing around in my stomach." He groaned.

"How is it our fault?" Aang asked in disbelief

"Because, while you two lovebirds were dancing, we were basically bathing in the- ugh- food." Toph said.

"By the way, where did you two even run off to?" Sokka questioned.

Aang and Katara just stood there for a moment. They didn't really want to announce just yet that they were together, but they didn't have an excuse at the moment until....

"We just took a stroll down the beach." She replied.

"Yeah, it seemed kind of nice to cool off from the dance." Aang said, smiling slightly.

Toph and Sokka glanced at each other and looked back at them.

"Ok."

They walked to the kitchen while the both sighed with relief.

"The was a close one." Aang turned his head towards Katara.

"Yes it was." She responded.

________________________________

The four had finished eating their breakfast, and by four, Aang and Katara ate and Toph and Sokka had been laying on the couch, complaining how good the food smelled. Before they could clean the dishes, they heard a knock at the door.

Aang went to open the door and to his surprise,
"Hakoda?"

Katara and Sokkas head lifted up and ran towards the door.

"Dad!" They both yelled jumping into his arms.

Hakoda chuckled. "If you two keep jumping on me like that, one day it's gonna kill me."

"D-dad, what are you doing here?" Katara asked.

"Do I really need an excuse to see my kids?"
They both gave him a questioning look.

"Sadly, there is a reason I'm here. Fire Nation rebels have been attacking the Southern Water Tribe. Many have been injured and we lack the proper supplies we need to fight them off."

"That's horrible." Sokka added.

"I know. That's why I've come here, I was hoping Team Avatar would come to help. We need you." He looked towards Aang.

"Of course we'll help, I would be our honor."
He replied.

"Thank you. I have to get going now but I know it's a long trip so I suggest you start packing if you wish to make there by tomorrow."

"We will," Katara responded. "It was nice to see you." She smiled.

"Me too." Sokka added with a smile.

"Me as well, I hope to see you again soon." Hakoda kissed them both on the forehead and brought them in for a hug. And with that, he left.

"Alright you heard him, every one start packing and I'll get Appa ready."

"Guess we're going home." Katara said, smiling.

________________________________
Authors note:
This chapter was a little short but the next one will hopefully be longer. Sorry I haven't been updating I've just been really occupied but now I have after like 2 weeks, yay......
Anyways since y'all like this book so much I was wondering if you would check out my other one Don't Give Up plsssss ty❤️