Part One || Amnestic!Bakugou

CONTENT: Sad Angst

Bakugou Katsuki's POV

Fire. Smoke. Ash.

Pain. Confusion. Hurt.

Discomfort. Struggle. Darkness.

Katsuki's eyes blinked open, murky pupils gradually focusing on the scene panned out in front of him. Slowly bringing his aching muscles to move, Katsuki sat from his position lying sprawled across the ground. Even as his bones protested the boy pushed himself up with the support of a shaking arm, selectively ignoring the way his body tore at itself from the inside out.

The scents of death and decay hanging in the air were oppressing, blowing through the swelteringly dense air on a small breath of wind. As Katsuki's ashy hair ruffled in the sickly breeze, crimson irises slid across the terrain, silently soaking the scene in with a warily distanced caution.

Huge chunks of upheaved rock and cracked cement lay scattered across the horizon, the hollow remains of what were once buildings in a lively metropolis standing stark against the grey sky like lonely giants. The entire suburban clearing around Katsuki was a skeleton, stripped of its life by whatever hurricane had hit it.

All that remained were the concrete structures themselves, no glass, no wood, no metals. Though the air blew like a hot Summer's day, the entire place was a graveyard filled with unburied dead. If there were any other people still breathing in this desolate place, they kept well hidden behind the brick and mortar shells that were once homes.

The sky above lay a veil of semi-darkness across the world like an inky blanket, any stars that might have been shining blotted out by the thick smoke clogging up the air. Waving a hand in front of his face to ward it off, Katsuki blinked the fatigue from his eyes and tipped a bleary gaze upwards.

There was no moon, but some kind of pulsing blaze gave enough of a glow to see by. It was like the world was stuck in indecision, so shaken after whatever tragic event had taken place to choose if it would shine light on the situation or hide it in shadows.

Katsuki couldn't help but compare the billowing smoke and odd sky to his own state of mind. Just like those swirling clouds, his insides were in chaos. A complete and utter mess full of darkness and uncertainty. Something was bothering Katsuki. Something was hurting him. Something ached, under the surface as well as on the outside of it.

Something felt so invalid, so inexplicably wrong but Katsuki couldn't figure out what. Turning his focus inwards, he tried to pinpoint the cause for this unexplained vacancy, only to fail. Katsuki tried to reason with this unbearable emptiness, but couldn't find any coherent excuses. Everything felt so muddled and confusing, like the jumbled pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. A puzzle that Katsuki didn't know how to solve.

Stumbling to his feet, Katsuki slowly began dragging himself forwards. His sense of direction was completely ruined, with nothing to differentiate up from down or left from right. Katsuki didn't know where he was or what he was doing, but something told him.

Something unnamable, unlabelled, unknown, told him to push past the fallen rubble and debris. Told him to make his slow but steady way through the maze of ruins, told him to cough and splutter further into the smokey atmosphere.

Suddenly a luminous light shone through the dry dust hanging in the air, and Katsuki's eyes crinkled into a squint. It was so bright. Why was it so bright? As his senses struggled to adjust to the new settings, Katsuki's lethargic mind moved from option to option, attempting to find some familiar information.

Where was he? Why was he in this place? Wait...Who exactly was he? Katsuki didn't know who he was, where he was, or why he was here. Why was he hurting? Why was he alone? Where was this place?