Part Three || Amnestic!Bakugou

CONTENT: Sad Angst

Bakugou Katsuki's POV

Katsuki stared at the machine skeptically, mulling over the small amount of information he'd been given. If he was going to assume this 'All For One' was talking truthfully, which for the minute he was, Katsuki was in these peoples' home ground. He didn't know where the actual location was though.

And he was a hostage to this group, who called themselves The League...Of Villains. Typically, Katsuki thought that Villains were the antagonists in someone's story. A Villain, the 'bad guy,' were the ones responsible for the wrongdoings and crimes in comic books and movies.

Katsuki didn't know which deep corner of his thoughts those notions came from, but he was devout and didn't doubt their truth. Then again, these people wanted to help him, apparently. Would a Villain really do that, or was their title perhaps a mere play on the term?

"Make no mistake though, Bakugou." All For One spoke again, and Katsuki switched his attention back to the radio. "We are mislabeled as Villains."

It was almost as if All For One had read his mind. Katsuki cocked his head to one side. Who was there to be pointing the fingers, who else was there to 'mislabel' these people as such?

"But forgive me, I should backtrack first. I understand that you have amnesia and can't recall much?"

"Yes." Katsuki said slowly, voice rasping against his sore throat.

"Almost eighty percent of the population, yourself included, are born with a genetically modified gift. These variable forms of superhuman abilities are called Quirks, which are both valued and respected in modern day civilisation."

"I see. So you and I both...Have Quirks?" Katsuki said, trying the unfamiliar word out as he pondered the new concept.

"Yes, we do." Continued the soothing voice. "However, the advent of these new skills gave rise to not only professional Heroes, but Villains like us too."

Katsuki froze. If Heroes were the good guys given the title by profession, then that meant these Villains could be extremely dangerous. A threat and hazard to his safety, which was more likely than Katsuki cared to admit considering how heavily he was currently tied up.

Katsuki's heart rate picked up while his breathing began to speed, becoming hurried and shallow. Suddenly the room was alight with possible escape routs, a stabbing pain emerging in the back of his head as Katsuki's hastily flitting eyes noticed every possible way out.

"I do not want to scare you by telling you this, Bakugou, I only wish for you to see the twisted truth hiding behind the scenes. Rest assured, we most certainly are not the bad guys in this situation and we are not going to hurt you in any way from now."

"I...Okay." Katsuki said meekly, panic slowly fading away with the sound of All For One's calming voice.

"In this society, it is up to the community to decide if violent or unlawful acts are heroic or villainous. Unfortunately, they have grown extremely attached to their so-called Heroes. Even to the point that they've become blind to what is true and right in the world, instead pledging their faith to those who sit up on their high horses and hide behind masks of falsities and facades of biased deceit."

Katsuki's breaths evened out, the air becoming less stuffy as All For One's mesmerising voice drew him further and further away from his fear.

"And so, whenever people like us emerge from their everyday normalities to point out what is wrong where they have called it right, we're exiled in the easiest way possible. Crimes are faked, laws passed, and rumours spread before suddenly we find ourselves branded off as evil-doing liars. Villains."