S e v e n

Ray grunted and stared at all three of them in disbelief.

"Everyone? You're kidding right? There are forty kids here and most of them aren't even six years old yet. There's mom, demons, homing beacons, those factors take a bad situation and make it worse. You want the impossible." Ray had a disappointed look on his face as he glared at the three of them, with his arms crossed i front of him.

"We can't just leave those kids here waiting to get shipped out." Phoebe jumped in.

"I know it'll be tough but I don't think it's impossible." Emma pushed with a determined look on her face.

"It can't be done. You guys don't get it do you?"

"Ray hang on." Norman stopped him.

"Oh I see. That's why you said you'd talk to me. But you have to be upfront about something this grave." Ray continued and walked towards the two girls standing by each other.

"Emma, Phoebe."

"Yeah what?" Emma answered with a stern look on her face, but Phoebe stayed quiet with an unamused look on her face.

"We can't just worry about escaping, it's not enough." Ray shook his head.

"What do you mean by that?" Emma arched a brow, a worried look creeping on her face.

"We don't know what's outside waiting beyond the wall. If there's a place we're getting shipped to, the fact that there's a farm and a buyer should give you an idea. What waits outside is a demons world. There's no place for humans to live, it was never meant for our kind." Ray explained with his normal deadpan facial expression.

Emma and Norman huffed while Phoebe stayed silent.

"So it's impossible, if we take everyone then we'll all die out there. We leave them behind. That's the best option." He finished and put a hand on each girls shoulder.

There was a pause until the silence got broken.

"Hell no. It'll be tough but we can figure it out!" Phoebe exclaimed and crossed her arms.

"No way." Emma said with a neutral voice.

Ray stepped back with a look of disbelief on his face.

"Even if it's impossible, they're all coming. We can figure it out, like Phoebe said." Emma said with confidence and jumped on Phoebe, wrapping her in a hug. Phoebe laughed.

"What?!" Ray exclaimed.

"I don't know what's on the outside but leaving part of our family behind isn't an option. I want Conny to be the last one they take. Never again. I won't lose anyone else like that. If there isn't a place out there for humans to live-" Emma started.

"We'll make one ourselves..." Phoebe smiled, showing her dimples.

"Together we'll change the world. Thank you Ray for helping me understand. We're planning an escape where we get everyone out. I'm not bending on this. I've decided." Emma finished but then suddenly lunged forward and grabbed Rays sleeves.

"You have to come to grips with our plan Ray! So stop jabbering and help us!" She yelled before Ray finally got away from her.