17. The Morning After.

Maverick POV

The shouting woke me first, followed by Jazz barging not my room. "What the hell, Jazz!" I shout pulling the covers back over me.

"She's gone" she gasps out and then I realise who she means.

"How" I bark back at her before apologising "Shit, sorry Jazz, I didn't mean to have a go, its just a shock" 

"Aunt Ginny came in to wake us up, and she wasn't there, I didn't hear anything, what if..."

I cut her off "Don't say it, have you checked the house?" I say and she nods.

"They are checking downstairs and the grounds now, John asked me to wake you all up, to see if you heard anything in the night?" she says and I groan getting out of bed.

"Fuck, I didn't hear anything, I'll wake Beau, you wake Trent and tell him" I told her, following her out the door.  I banged on Beau's door and opening it striding into the room as I heard Jazz do the same to Trent behind me. 

Beau's head came up sleepily and glared at me. "sssh, you'll wake her up" he growled quietly, stopping me in my tracks, My eyes darting to the piled cover next to him, I stepped closer and could make out Indiana's face relaxed in sleep.

"What the fuck, the whole house is looking for her" I hiss at him, "Get up and explain what the hell happened". I turn and go back to Jazz and Trent, blocking the doorway to Beau's room. 

"She's with Beau and still asleep, Jazz can you let everyone know," I ask and with a worried nod she rushes off.

"Move" I hear Beau behind me and turn to face him, glancing at the bed behind him.

"What..."

"Downstairs, not here, she's still asleep" he steps out making us step back so he can shut his door. I can hear the shouting downstairs now and step aside to let Beau pass, he's going to have a job explaining what she was doing with him.

John was waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs and Beau held up his hands to him, speaking before John could say anything  "She was scared in the night, I found her in the hallway and made her a hot drink, she was scared to go back to sleep... nightmares, so I said I would protect her, she slept next to me and I held her hand, that's all". 

"Why didn't you take her back to her room?" John asked worriedly.

"Every time she looked up that hallway she shook, and she was so tired she was almost asleep on her feet, I'm sorry everyone panicked this morning... but she needed help last night, she needed me and I would do it again" he explained quietly

"She's okay, she slept?" John questioned.

"Yes, she didn't move all night, no nightmares and she's still asleep now" Beau tells him and I see the relief on Johns face.

"I don't like it, but if she needed you, I understand, just..." John rakes his hands through his hair.

"I'm sorry, I should have let you or someone know where she was, I didn't think" Beau said "If... If it happens again I will leave my door open and text everyone" he adds.

"Same for all of us" I said stepping up next to Beau and looking at John.

"Thank you" I heard rasped from behind us and we all swung round to see Indiana stood at the top of the stairs, her face flushed as she looks down at us. He eyes avoiding looking at Beau directly, was she embarrassed.

"Anni, how are you feeling?" John pushed past us and moved up towards her.

"I'm sorry I worried everyone, I didn't think last night" she mumbles and looks away.